2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
I agree. I really disliked him when the trade happened because A) I was a chris Getz fan, but also because Teahen at 3rd meant no Chone Figgins or Beltre or Orlando Hudson (keeping Becks at 3B). But this guy has been funny on Twitter, so I am starting to be a real fan.

Glass Getz was among the worst defensive 2B in all of baseball last season.

Later, Chris.

If fans can live with production like .270/16/62, average defense and excellent baserunning from Teahen, he's gonna be popular guy the next few years.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)

Later, Chris.

If fans can live with production like .270/16/62, average defense and excellent baserunning from Teahen, he's gonna be popular guy the next few years.

I said I was a fan of Chris Getz, not that Chris Getz is a better player.

Something about having a who from Whoville excited me.

Chris_Getz_Hazing_MPS.mov.jpg

CTC-2911-image4.jpg

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)

Later, Chris.

Which is no where near a certainty, based on his past performance I'd say it's improbable.

Basically, he's like Joe Crede offensively without the Gold Glove defense.

More potential for doubles, but still a downgrade from what Crede (the 775-825 OPS version) did for sure.

Looking at those numbers on the surface, you start thinking about guys like AJ or Juan Uribe, not a "power" position. Which means the extra power with him in the line-up (as well as Pierre) has to come from Flowers (in the future) and continuing up with middle with Ramirez, Beckham and Rios.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
All it takes is one. A lot of people thought the same thing about transplants and transfusions at one point in time.

Anything "can" happen. But you're more likely to see a meteor hit the Yucatan (since its happened before) than contracting HIV from a professionally run blood test.

I don't think people though transfusions and transplants were complelely safe. Its just the risk benefit trade-off. Die without a transplant or transfusion or potentially die from the chance you acquire HIV, then full blown AIDS, then develop an infection....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
I said I was a fan of Chris Getz, not that Chris Getz is a better player.

Something about having a who from Whoville excited me.

Chris_Getz_Hazing_MPS.mov.jpg

CTC-2911-image4.jpg

Ha! that's hilarious. Never thought of him that way. So we had Lillibridge the Hobbit and Getz the who. Chris went to HS with a friend of mine in MI. He was known as "Chip" in High School.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that Getz was, in fact pretty terrible at 2B. I liked the guy, as well but Beckham is already quite an upgrade for this season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Basically, he's like Joe Crede offensively without the Gold Glove defense.

More potential for doubles, but still a downgrade from what Crede (the 775-825 OPS version) did for sure.

Wait, Chris Getz? Getz will be lucky to hit half-a-dozen homers at the major league level. He'll never produce at a Crede-like level.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Wait, Chris Getz? Getz will be lucky to hit half-a-dozen homers at the major league level. He'll never produce at a Crede-like level.

I believe he was referring to Teahan

If you follow the discussion back to Joecoolman's statement, it makes more sense

Edited by KyYlE23

Guillen said yesterday that he would be with the Sox as long as Reinsdorf is the owner. The line of questioning had to do with Reinsdorf more with Guillen's appreciation for Reinsdorf than retiring or anything.

It would be interesting to see how much money Guillen has made as a player and how much as a manager.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Guillen said yesterday that he would be with the Sox as long as Reinsdorf is the owner. The line of questioning had to do with Reinsdorf more with Guillen's appreciation for Reinsdorf than retiring or anything.

It would be interesting to see how much money Guillen has made as a player and how much as a manager.

As a player, $23.492 million.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)
It's not always the same person.

I know but most of the time it is, she even has her own business card. She always remembers my little girl and will come right up to us, maybe because I tipped her well cause it was 110 that day and humid. Also, it's almost always a girl for obvious reasons.