Official 2010 Opening Day Countdown: 3 days

SockMe

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SockMe @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
and in about an hour will be 39. Baseball season is right around the corner! Get excited Sox fans, I have a feeling we are in for a treat this year.

I agree. I'm still concerned about the DH situation, but I think Jones is going to have a breakout year and end up batting against lefties and righties eventually. There should definitely be a new energy to the team we haven't seen in a while.

I know this has probably been addressed before, but what is up with the Opening Day followed by off day followed by the final 2 games of the series. No other 3 game set ever uses this schedule.

The fans get all amped up then they have to wait for game 2. Seems f***ed up. Also seems like it would throw off the players too...

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
I know this has probably been addressed before, but what is up with the Opening Day followed by off day followed by the final 2 games of the series. No other 3 game set ever uses this schedule.

The fans get all amped up then they have to wait for game 2. Seems f***ed up. Also seems like it would throw off the players too...

Just in case it rains or snows on Opening Day they can push it back a day and benefit from that large Opening Day crowd rather than having to make it up later on. If you notice; the dome teams don't get day 2 off.