April 7th Game Thread vs Cleveland

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Two f***ing hits against the Indians. Thats scary bad

I thought this new and improved ozzieball offense was supposed to grind out hits and runs. That Kotsay in the 5h hole is definitely awesome.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
I thought this new and improved ozzieball offense was supposed to grind out hits and runs. That Kotsay in the 5h hole is definitely awesome.

They scored 3 runs on only 1 hit. That's not Ozzieball enough for you?

QUOTE (mreye @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
When does the Greg Walker talk start?

I'll think I'll go on hiatus to avoid it.

I don't think anybody's going to be all pissed at Greg Walker when you have guys like Kotsay and Teahen doing what they do

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)

The whole bottom of our lineup sucks. It's not just Kotsay unfortunately. I wish it were.

Kotsay gets a lot of hate, but when there is only one guy that got a hit that left the in field and all of your RBI's against the Indians, there is plenty of blame to go around. With that said, I do hate watching Kotsay in the 5th spot, especially thinking about how that could (or should) be Jim Thome

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
I don't think anybody's going to be all pissed at Greg Walker when you have guys like Kotsay and Teahen doing what they do

Ozzie asked to take the brunt of the blame this year if things go south. i suggest we honor that request.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Our lefthanded hitters are hitting an amazing 2-26 so far.

Lefties not named AJ are hitting an amazing 0-18.

At least we don't have 4 righties hitting in a row.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Six walks. That should be enough to get things going.

You'd think, but it's not like this team has historically torn the cover off the ball early in the season either.

This lineup obviously isn't going to score 850 runs, but I wouldn't put too much stock in this game... or the entire month of April, for that matter.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
Too early to start up the Agon trade talks?

I don't want to harp on this, but with Ryan Westmoreland having brain surgery and the Red Sox having trouble getting rid of Lowell, i'd say we're the favorites at the moment. That being said, i think Jared Mitchell going down was a huge deal as it kind of forces the direction that the package has to go in.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
I don't want to harp on this, but with Ryan Westmoreland having brain surgery and the Rd Sox having trouble getting rid of Lowell, i'd say we're the favorites at the moment. That being said, i think Jared Mitchell going down was a huge deal as it kind of forces the direction that the package has to go in.

I'd have no issues moving Dank2, Hudson, Flowers, Viciedo, or any other prospects.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
I don't want to harp on this, but with Ryan Westmoreland having brain surgery and the Rd Sox having trouble getting rid of Lowell, i'd say we're the favorites at the moment. That being said, i think Jared Mitchell going down was a huge deal as it kind of forces the direction that the package has to go in.

we just need a new DH and BAD! I think we can all see that Kotsay is not gonna work out and they even said that A. Jones will rarely DH.

well...that was painful.

Thornton is a god. but the indians had a good game plan vs. peavy - take a lot of pitches. The dude just cannot do anything unless he's thrown 8 pitches per at bat. And then they looked low and hey.

But yeah, when our 2-3-4 aren't doing anything, we're f***ed.