4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU

Vote4Pedro

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
I have grown tired of hearing him around here for the past half decade as some sort of legit option as a back up. I was tired of hearing about him pre injury... post injury... it doesn't matter. He has sucked every stop he has been, and that's being nice. I'm pretty damn certain the org has never looked him as any sort of real option and year in year out yet you'll hear from people ''will lucy make it out of spring training?!?!?!''... and meaning it. He is a borderline scrub (lucky to be even be considered a scrub) and should be treated as such. Hope that answers your question for you.

Oh. The Sox signed Castro in January. I don't remember reading Lucy's name on here until Castro got injured at the end of March. I will agree with you that his performance has been crappy, but he only has 16 PA in his major league career, so I guess I have just never really thought about him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy was never considered by anyone around here as anything but a potential back up. He isn't very good, but considering the back up catchers the Sox have trotted out there in recent years, he's at least close to their equal. Hall, Stewart, 100 year old Alomar Jr., Molina, Miller. None of those guys is signifcantly better than Lucy. I think Castro is, and Flowers is, but I see the rationale for leaving Flowers in Charlotte right now.

Putting things into perspective, Brian Anderson in his rookie year of 2006, had a higher OPS than any White Sox back up catcher since 2005. As long as Lucy is solid defensively, he's as tall as the rest of the midgets.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
Thanks, that's not too bad.

Hopefully he'll get it together. He's my pick to click tonight.

hes very fustrating to watch. once hes down to 2 strikes, he'll get the breaking pitch and wail away.. :gosoxretro:

Twins lineup..

Span CF

Hudson 2B

Hardy SS

Morneau 1B

Cuddyer RF

Kubel DH

Young LF

Harris 3B

Butera C

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
Reason?

I believe a day off.

Edited by SoxAce