4/11 GT: Sox vs. Twins, Buehrle vs. Blackburn

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
I swear I heard DJ or Farmer say they wore the white pin stripes when Gavin pitched the other night.. but yeah, everything ive seen so far has been this black top, im sick of it..

They always wear them a lot in April.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
I can totally tell why we dislike having Home Runs.

In other news, I love Gordon Beckham.

Because they're the second hardest hit to come by. You can't live off of them all the time.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
No matter how you try to build your team, Ozzie, we will still live and die by the longball.

And congrats Beckham!!

4-4

Which, being in this ballpark, is not out of the question. It's not like we are in Petco, I don't know why Oz just doesn't realize we need beasts who can hit 40 HR a year, not s***ty slap hitters who try and make just enough contact.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
In one of the most HR friendly parks in baseball and this team keeps trying to build a small ball team. Just makes no sense.

Because we've seen how this park can get into the team's head and how their approach degrades when they come home, the last couple years.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
Which, being in this ballpark, is not out of the question. It's not like we are in Petco, I don't know why Oz just doesn't realize we need beasts who can hit 40 HR a year, not s***ty slap hitters who try and make just enough contact.

Why don't they just move the fences back if they're trying to build a team based on pitching, speed, and defense?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Because we've seen how this park can get into the team's head and how their approach degrades when they come home, the last couple years.

If only there were someone who could coach them in the proper approach to take in this situation..