AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
Mariano Rivera says hello as well, since he's done it too. Turns out there are no perfect players in baseball.

That's one of the more ridiculious comparisons you've ever made. Jenks doesn't have near the history of dominance that MO has. He also has a recent track record of being hit around. A trend that, like it or not, continued today, and might have lost us the game if JJ Hardy and the 3rd base coach for the Twins wern't morons.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
That's one of the more ridiculious comparisons you've ever made. Jenks doesn't have near the history of dominance that MO has. He also has a recent track record of being hit around. A trend that, like it or not, continued today, and might have lost us the game if JJ Hardy and the 3rd base coach for the Twins wern't morons.

It wasn't a comparison. It was an example.

All relief pitchers - have, do, and will - blow games.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
No. Look at the video I posted. He was side stepping to get in front of Teahen's vision, or distract him, or something.

I saw the video.

If that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me. The Twins would do that.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
to me i think the coach was trying to make it seem like hardy pulled up or something the way he was positioned

It really shouldn't even matter. At the time Teahen gets the ball and everyone sees Hardy rounding 3rd, the entire team needs to be screaming 4.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
to me i think the coach was trying to make it seem like hardy pulled up or something the way he was positioned

He was looking directly at Teahen and posing as a base runner, so yes, he was being pretty low class.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
Why was the coach not further down the line so he could stop him. Real bad coaching there especially without a SS. Great throw by Pierre.

Also I thought Jenks looked really good.

His fastball was there, but I just have to wonder why he didn't throw a curve to Thome.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
maybe he overthought it... thome's seen him do that so much in the past that might have affected jenks thinking :huh

It's not like Jim can actually hit it if he throws it right.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)
It wasn't a comparison. It was an example.

All relief pitchers - have, do, and will - blow games.

It was a terrible example.

I live in a house. High-paid baseball players, they also live in houses, even if they're many times bigger than mine See? Totally alike. I'm not comparing my house to the mansions of MLB players, just saying, you know... people have houses. Right?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
It was a terrible example.

I live in a house. High-paid baseball players, they also live in houses, even if they're many times bigger than mine See? Totally alike. I'm not comparing my house to the mansions of MLB players, just saying, you know... people have houses. Right?

Both the good and bad closers blow saves. Some just do it more frequently than others.

Good win. Long time coming.

Just a couple things to point out as to where a win pretty much shuts everybody up. Only winning can shut people up.

a.) Ozzie left Mark in to start the eighth inning. I know in the game thread some were upset that Oz didn't get Mark out of there. Can you imagine if Mark got lit up in the eighth? Some would have crucified Oz, at least in the game thread. He mowed down the Twins in the eighth and shut everybody up. I just point this out because Oz's strategy worked this time. When it works, nobody says anything.

b.) Thome blasts it off the wall. Only a truly idiotic third base coaching decision prevented the Twins from having second and third and still having a chance to win. Can you imagine the meltdown concerning Bobby had it been second and third and the next batter followed with a hit?

Also, people like me would be again furious that we decided to let Thome go. He sure had no trouble taking Bobby's heater off the lf wall. I think Thome still would have been an effective member of the Sox.

What I'm trying to say is ... just win, baby.

Edited by greg775