AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

knightni

Go figure, we go out and dominate, and the game thread only reaches 23 pages.

If that score were opposite, there'd be 50+ game thread pages, and at least 4 new threads about "xxxxxx needs to be FIRED!/Benched/Traded!!"

Go you White Sox, nonetheless

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)

If that score were opposite, there'd be 50+ game thread pages, and at least 4 new threads about "xxxxxx needs to be FIRED!/Benched/Traded!!"

50? Only if Soxtalk crashed in the 5th inning.

So far it looks like this could be an interesting year because you never know what team is going to take the field. Sometimes its one that could contend for a title, and sometimes its one that would struggle in the International League. I think once Peavy gets going, and I don't see any reason he won't, this team can roll, although I'm still not buying Jones and think the Sox could use another bat, even though he's been outstanding lately. He already has hit as many homers for the White Sox as he did for the Dodgers. How much did they ultimately pay him?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Does this mean Danks is actually going to get some run support this year?

Nope, they just spotted him this year's 11 runs. He's gonna have to get negative runs from the opposition if he wants another W.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)

Manly men don't do compliments .

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
So far it looks like this could be an interesting year because you never know what team is going to take the field. Sometimes its one that could contend for a title, and sometimes its one that would struggle in the International League. I think once Peavy gets going, and I don't see any reason he won't, this team can roll, although I'm still not buying Jones and think the Sox could use another bat, even though he's been outstanding lately. He already has hit as many homers for the White Sox as he did for the Dodgers. How much did they ultimately pay him?

Around $17.5M more then us.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 03:03 AM)

If that score were opposite, there'd be 50+ game thread pages

Yesterday's disastrous 1 hit loss was only 27 pages. Today's was 23 pages, more than likely because the game was on WCIU which a great portion of this board does not get. Winning gamethreads don't really show much of a difference in number of posts when compared to losing ones.

great to see the offense come to life.

I think this team would be the favorite to win it all if they could add gonzalez. (i might be biased)

WIthout him we're gonna need a lot more outings like the one we got from danks tonight.

Who ends up with the best season of the sox starting pitchers? could be an interesting battle and hopefully a little competition amongst them will lead to the results we are hoping for. ie best roation in baseball

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 04:35 AM)
Yesterday's disastrous 1 hit loss was only 27 pages. Today's was 23 pages, more than likely because the game was on WCIU which a great portion of this board does not get. Winning gamethreads don't really show much of a difference in number of posts when compared to losing ones.

in addition to the fact that thursday nights people are more of a going out night.

I watched it a bar. It was glorious. Even Donny Lucy got a double.

I wasn't so worried about last night, he seemed on. But, clearly, getting men on base=good. I want to ride Andruw Jones hot streak. But so far so good. Let's continue it tomorrow.