HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

I'm not sure I get the conspiracy theories I'm seeing. Overall, it could be argued the Flyers outplayed the Hawks in all 3 games, and the Hawks are fortunate to be up 2-1. The main reason they lost last night was special teams, Philly was 2 for 3 on the PP and the Hawks were 0 for 3 IIRC. I just think the officiating in this series has been generally poor, tons of penalties have been missed both ways. Perhaps a few more missed against Philly since they just commit more of them, but not enough to affect the outcomes.

Hawks should be ok in game 4. The one thing I've seen that is concerning the last two games is it looks like the Flyers effort level has been higher than the Hawks. I can't imagine that'll be an issue again tomorrow though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Well, they were bad because the team had no talent. Flyers kill penalties well, but I'm not concerned that we'll go back to the days that Tyler Arnason was on our top power play line.

Funny. Even on those 90s good-but-not-quite-good-enough teams with Roenick, Chelios, Belfour et al. the power play efficiency was a frequent criticism of the Hawks' overall game.

Edited by Drew

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
I wouldn't say must-win, but it's pretty damn close. The Hawks haven't been playing all that well, despite being up 2-1. They certainly need a very good performance in game 4. Philly's got confidence now, especially in front of their home crowd. After winning both at home, you probably go in to Philly wanting to split the 2 and then try to finish it off in game 5 at home.

Philly gets going and they steamroll teams. If you have your foot on an opponent's throat, don't let up or else the opponent will get away. They can not be given any more momentum.

Yes, you can argue that Jersey and Boston had injuries to key offensive players, Montreal had injuries to key defensive players and was a Cinderella team that hit midnight in the Conference Final, none of those teams had the depth or talent the Hawks have, but the point is the Flyers are the hottest team in the Eastern Conference, they play not just physical but dirty, are benefitting from lopsided officiating, but they stand between the Hawks and the Stanley Cup.

Think of Philly is a bigger, dirtier, more skilled version of Nashville. The Hawks have to play the game that made them successful against Nashville, only much better and a whole lot faster. 3rd Period of Game 1 and 2nd Period of Game 3 showed that Philly can't skate with the Hawks when they get going.

Time to get it going, Hawks.

QUOTE (Drew @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Philly gets going and they steamroll teams. If you have your foot on an opponent's throat, don't let up or else the opponent will get away. They can not be given any more momentum.

Yes, you can argue that Jersey and Boston had injuries to key offensive players, Montreal had injuries to key defensive players and was a Cinderella team that hit midnight in the Conference Final, none of those teams had the depth or talent the Hawks have, but the point is the Flyers are the hottest team in the Eastern Conference, they play not just physical but dirty, are benefitting from lopsided officiating, but they stand between the Hawks and the Stanley Cup.

Think of Philly is a bigger, dirtier, more skilled version of Nashville. The Hawks have to play the game that made them successful against Nashville, only much better and a whole lot faster. 3rd Period of Game 1 and 2nd Period of Game 3 showed that Philly can't skate with the Hawks when they get going.

Time to get it going, Hawks.

This made me laugh.

I counter with "the Flyers are the only team in the Eastern Conference with a temperature" or even "the Blackhawks are the hottest team in the Western Conference."

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
I'm not sure I get the conspiracy theories I'm seeing. Overall, it could be argued the Flyers outplayed the Hawks in all 3 games, and the Hawks are fortunate to be up 2-1. The main reason they lost last night was special teams, Philly was 2 for 3 on the PP and the Hawks were 0 for 3 IIRC. I just think the officiating in this series has been generally poor, tons of penalties have been missed both ways. Perhaps a few more missed against Philly since they just commit more of them, but not enough to affect the outcomes.

Hawks should be ok in game 4. The one thing I've seen that is concerning the last two games is it looks like the Flyers effort level has been higher than the Hawks. I can't imagine that'll be an issue again tomorrow though.

I only say that because the unpenalized style of play is making the Hawks change their game. I could be wrong but it just appears to be that way.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
This made me laugh.

I counter with "the Flyers are the only team in the Eastern Conference with a temperature" or even "the Blackhawks are the hottest team in the Western Conference."

Yeah, that is hilarious.

They're in the Stanley Cup Finals. There's no way they cannot be the hottest team in the Eastern Conference.

The 'hawks are up in this series because of two reasons...skill and luck. They've been outplayed in a majority of the periods, but overall, the 'hawks are deeper and more skilled from top to bottom than the Flyers. If the top two lines can get going...this series is over.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
The 'hawks are up in this series because of two reasons...skill and luck. They've been outplayed in a majority of the periods, but overall, the 'hawks are deeper and more skilled from top to bottom than the Flyers. If the top two lines can get going...this series is over.

No McCreary = Pronger penalties = Hawks win.

people are overstating how much the hawks have been outplayed....

they have been outshot by 11 across the 3 games.....while being a man short for 8 more minutes than the flyers...so essentially a huge chunk of the shot differential is due to the hawks taking stupid penalties

yes, weve been outplayed in the 3rd periods of most these games, but much of that has had to do with playing a more conservative style in protecting a lead in the first two games...I believe the fact that weve been outplayed in the last period leaves people in the mindset that weve been outplayed all game, when in fact in game 3 we dominated the first 20 mintues of play....in 5 on 5 hockey the hawks have clearly been the better team IMO

I mean its really as simple as being 0-6 on the PP for the hawks and 4-10 for the flyers....

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
The league wants it to go 7 and it's obvious.

When Madden got warned for the snow shower you know the fix is on. The flyers can shatter sticks, club people in the head nothing. We far near one of their players and its the power play.