HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch a ton(or any) hockey and I've watched probably 20 minutes combined of the first two games but to me Philly just looks bad. They don't seem to be very sharp. They can't seem to catch a pass. Glad the hawks are up in the series.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
I don't watch a ton(or any) hockey and I've watched probably 20 minutes combined of the first two games but to me Philly just looks bad. They don't seem to be very sharp. They can't seem to catch a pass. Glad the hawks are up in the series.

Umm, did you watch the 3rd period?

Also, anyone else think Sopel is getting a little too much ice time? He's valuable in spurts, but he's slow, not the best at handling the puck, and seems to make some costly mistakes.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Umm, did you watch the 3rd period?

Also, anyone else think Sopel is getting a little too much ice time? He's valuable in spurts, but he's slow, not the best at handling the puck, and seems to make some costly mistakes.

I watched during commercial breaks of "True Beauty" :ph34r:

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)

No your right. Can't remember the players name on the Flyers, but he absolutely OWNED him on a drag move that luckally Niemi stopped.

Great win for the boys though. 2 more, but we need to at least win one (though 2 would be awesome) at their rink. We did our job winning at home, they are gonna try and do theirs.

Anyone else think Carcillo has the least amount of talent of any player on the ice? He looked like a complete ass clown out there. Must be what other teams think about Burish (not a slam on the guy, I like him, just not the best player out there).

Philly was sharp the third period. Philly was all over the ice in the third. Great job by Hawks to get the two goal "cushion."

Watched the postgame on comcast. My god, what bad interviews in the interview room. My guess is the reporters get the good stuff in the locker room. The stuff in that interview room was horrifically dull. Any articles written with those comments would be snoozers.

Hawks have beaten Philly in a high scoring game, in a low scoring game, and in two close games. Not to mention, the Hawks are going on the road, where they have been awesome. The Hawks certainly haven't played their best game by a long shot, but keep finding a way to win. I can't imagine a sweep, but the Hawks should be able to get a split in Philly if they play their game, and that's all that is really needed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
I can't imagine a sweep, but the Hawks should be able to get a split in Philly if they play their game, and that's all that is really needed.

I can't even imagine the Hawks comming back to Chicago up 3-1 and winning what the city would be like. (especially with the guys here) My lord.. I won't complain if they close it out out there, but a micro-fracture part of me would like to see the Hawks win it back in Chicago. Then again.. our Sox closed out business on the road, and we still partied crazy in the city, so I won't complain. :)

I love the way the Hawks played on the road so far.

Hopefully they'll keep their cool and have good spacing on the offensive end.

To tel you the truth, the road didn't seem to bother Philly that much. Philly matched us goal for goal in Game One and with one exception of giving up the quick second goal tonight, shortly after the first goal, played well again on the road in Game Two. Nieme had so many good saved tonight; hope he keeps it up on the road.

I'd think our other players will be fine again as they've been road dominant so far like you said.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
Hawks have beaten Philly in a high scoring game, in a low scoring game, and in two close games. Not to mention, the Hawks are going on the road, where they have been awesome. The Hawks certainly haven't played their best game by a long shot, but keep finding a way to win. I can't imagine a sweep, but the Hawks should be able to get a split in Philly if they play their game, and that's all that is really needed.

They have also taken two games when officials have done whatever they could to help Philly out. When ESPN is calling out the lopsided calls in game on where Philly wasn't whistled for anything, it must be bad.

And tonight—seriously, how do you miss Pronger's cross-check on Toews after the whistle when you are the referee and standing three feet from it?

There is physical play and there is dirty play, and Philly is the dirtiest team I've seen in a while.

But hey, two more wins.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
No your right. Can't remember the players name on the Flyers, but he absolutely OWNED him on a drag move that luckally Niemi stopped.

Great win for the boys though. 2 more, but we need to at least win one (though 2 would be awesome) at their rink. We did our job winning at home, they are gonna try and do theirs.

The good thing about Sopel is that he is a damn human wall out there. He is like a 2nd goalie the way he gets in front of shots. But offensively he makes me cringe.

And yes, that drag move on Sopel was soooooo dirty. My brother and I both went "Ohh...holy s***" when he did that.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
I lol'd when they mentioned the most recent Chicago championships, Sox in 05, Bulls in 97-98, Bears in 85-86, Blackhawks in 60-61 and Cubs, well....

Yeah that was funny, when they got to the Bulls I turned to my Dad (cubs fans) and said....."Uh-oh Dad, I can see where this is going..."

:headbang

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
Anyone else think Carcillo has the least amount of talent of any player on the ice? He looked like a complete ass clown out there. Must be what other teams think about Burish (not a slam on the guy, I like him, just not the best player out there).

"He brings a lot of energy"

aka

"He has minimal talent on the NHL level, he skates around like a coked-up hedgehog, hits everyone he sees (legally or not, and no matter which team they play for), and NEVER, EVER shuts his f***ing mouth"

The guy's an asshole, and unlike Pronger (who pisses me off on the Flyers but I'd love to have him on the Hawks), I'd be embarrassed to have Carcillo on the Hawks.

Edited by The Critic