HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 29, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
The defensive positioning is about as bad as I've seen for both teams. This isn't "wide open", it's about missed coverage. Neither team is dropping back to pick up the odd man pinching in or coming into the slot.

Yeah, I don't know that I have ever seen guys like Keith and Seabs out of position as much as I have tonight.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 29, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
No. Most NHL defenses are way better then this.

Yeah, like I can't really identify WHY exactly it was bad because I'm not educated enough, but you usually know s*** defense when you see it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 29, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
I hardly ever watch hockey but I tuned in to this game - is the Hawks defense always that poor?

No. Not even close. Up until the last 11:30 of the game, that was about as bad as it had been all year long. It was nice to steal a game where you give up 5 goals, get zero powerplays, and get nothing from your top line.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 29, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Yeah, like I can't really identify WHY exactly it was bad because I'm not educated enough, but you usually know s*** defense when you see it.

Chicago usually does an incredible job of limiting shots. I am pretty sure they led the NHL in giving up the fewest shots per game. I don't know if it was nerves or something Philly did, but guys were out of position all night long tonight.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 29, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)

The positioning was terrible. The defenseman were coming down too low and not picking up coverage coming up the middle.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Chicago usually does an incredible job of limiting shots. I am pretty sure they led the NHL in giving up the fewest shots per game. I don't know if it was nerves or something Philly did, but guys were out of position all night long tonight.

I think they were trying to play the puck too much - which is an experience thing - they were trying to do too much. They settled down well in the third - as I said, possession will do that for you.