HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
They are going to be incredibly similar to the Predators.

They really don't play similar styles.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
Whichever mod did this, you were OH SO CLOSE.

Now change playoffs to FINALS!

Now just take the "S" out of "FINALS" if you want it perfect

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 25, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
At over $400 a pop, yes, it matters.

They're all pretty much the same up there. I wouldn't qualify any of them as crappy, but I'm someone who thinks the 300 level is a better seat than the first 10 rows of the 100 level.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 25, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Does anyone know if games 3 and 4 will be streamed online (on Verses or NHL.com)? my mom and dad are going out of town and their hotel doesnt carry Verses.

always check channelsurfing.net

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
I wouldnt. The Flyers were one of the popular picks to make it to the cup at the beginning of the year, they are very evenly matched with the Hawks.

They aren't evently matched, even with the Flyers now healthy. The Flyers also haven't played a team anywhere in the same universe as the Blackhawks in terms of talent in these playoffs. They do have a good team though (albeit not as deep as the Hawks), and are strong on defense with some hot goal scorers up front, so the Hawks aren't going to smash them. However, it would be a significant upset if the Hawks don't win.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
Is it a fluke Montreal scored so few goals in that series?

Are you at all worried the Hawks won't win? It'd be a shame to not claim the Cup since we have home ice and are thus the favorites.

I'm always worried, especially now. It would SUCK for the Hawks to get this far again and not win it all.

This is not going to be a pushover series, nor should it be, but I think the Hawks' depth, speed and overall game will win out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
Is it a fluke Montreal scored so few goals in that series?

Are you at all worried the Hawks won't win? It'd be a shame to not claim the Cup since we have home ice and are thus the favorites.

I don't think it was a fluke. Philly has a strong defense and Montreal is not the greatest offensive team. They got big goals when they needed them earlier in the playoffs and rode Halak, but offense was never their strength.

I definitely think that the Hawks will win, but I will be worried until I see #81 finally hoisting that cup over his head. Our superior talent is what makes us favorites, not home ice. So far in the playoffs, the road team has a slightly better record than the home team I believe. The two teams with the best home records in the regular season both lost 3 home games to lose their series (WAS & VAN).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
They aren't evently matched, even with the Flyers now healthy. The Flyers also haven't played a team anywhere in the same universe as the Blackhawks in terms of talent in these playoffs. They do have a good team though (albeit not as deep as the Hawks), and are strong on defense with some hot goal scorers up front, so the Hawks aren't going to smash them. However, it would be a significant upset if the Hawks don't win.

Well, they've played NJ who is a f***ing good team and the Flyers played the Hawks and beat them. Their top 2 lines match very evenly with the hawks as well as the top 4 d pairings. The hope is that the overall depth for the Hawks will prevail, but that is a small percentage of ice time in a cup series like this, especially for the blueliners.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
THanks critic and little hurt. Discussion in this forum is more sane than topics about the Sox. Good stuff from you two.

Well, to be honest, there was more than a little nuttiness going on when the Hawks were faltering after the Olympics.

If the Hawks were playing like the Sox are, any Hawks topic would either be totally nutso or ignored (going back to the "good old days" of some people littering Hawks topics with "Ohhhhhhh, Chicago has a hockey teeeeeeeammmmm????"

Wow, do I ever miss those posts...., although that seemed to happen more on WSI than here.

It's a lot easier to be sane when your team has won three playoff series and has home ice for the fourth.

:D

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
Really? They aren't both defense first teams playig an altered version of the neutral zone ttap?

get real

If you watched Flyers games, you would see that they forecheck really hard and their offense is based on getting turnovers in the offensive zone. Montreal was more like Nashville in that series.

Get real.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 27, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
If you watched Flyers games, you would see that they forecheck really hard and their offense is based on getting turnovers in the offensive zone. Montreal was more like Nashville in that series.

Get real.

Of the teams we have played on a regular basis, the Predators are the closest equivalent. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. The Flyers' neutral zone trap starts a bit higher, and they do forecheck hard and cause turnovers to generate their offense. If you watched Predators games, you would see that this is their style as well... as about 90% of their scores come off of turnovers generated by forechecking and the neutral zone trap.

Get real.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
Of the teams we have played on a regular basis, the Predators are the closest equivalent. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. The Flyers' neutral zone trap starts a bit higher, and they do forecheck hard and cause turnovers to generate their offense. If you watched Predators games, you would see that this is their style as well... as about 90% of their scores come off of turnovers generated by forechecking and the neutral zone trap.

Get real.

The forwards of Philly are much different than the forwards of Nashville. Nashville pretty much trapped the entire game and hoped the Hawks would make a mistake. There weren't aggressive. Philly dumps and chases hard, their fowards are much more skilled, quick, and physical. Again, Montreal played like Nashville in that series, not Philly.

Get real.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
The forwards of Philly are much different than the forwards of Nashville. Nashville pretty much trapped the entire game and hoped the Hawks would make a mistake. There weren't aggressive. Philly dumps and chases hard, their fowards are much more skilled, quick, and physical. Again, Montreal played like Nashville in that series, not Philly.

Get real.

It's true, Philadelphia has more talent up front, so when they cause these turnovers, and forecheck, it works out for them more often. They are a talented team. I think anyone who watches games knows Montreal was very lucky to be where they were, and Nashville was a 7 seed for a reason. They play hard and sometimes it works. The Flyers, also a 7 seed, were riddled with injury throughout the season, snuck in, got lucky, and now are full strength and a legit Stanley Cup representative of the East. In that series the Canadiens played like the Predators because the Flyers were easily the more talented team. You will see the Flyers play like the Predators in the Cup Final because the Blackhawks are easily the more talented team.

Just because the Flyers are more talented than the Canadiens, that does not dispute that they play a similar style to the Predators when they are forced to, which you disputed (and knowing your posting style, regardless of being proven wrong will dispute to the grave). So, with that, I'll make this my last post on the topic.

Of the teams we have played, the Flyers can most easily be compared to the Predators.

Get real.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
It's true, Philadelphia has more talent up front, so when they cause these turnovers, and forecheck, it works out for them more often. They are a talented team. I think anyone who watches games knows Montreal was very lucky to be where they were, and Nashville was a 7 seed for a reason. They play hard and sometimes it works. The Flyers, also a 7 seed, were riddled with injury throughout the season, snuck in, got lucky, and now are full strength and a legit Stanley Cup representative of the East. In that series the Canadiens played like the Predators because the Flyers were easily the more talented team. You will see the Flyers play like the Predators in the Cup Final because the Blackhawks are easily the more talented team.

Just because the Flyers are more talented than the Canadiens, that does not dispute that they play a similar style to the Predators when they are forced to, which you disputed (and knowing your posting style, regardless of being proven wrong will dispute to the grave). So, with that, I'll make this my last post on the topic.

Of the teams we have played, the Flyers can most easily be compared to the Predators.

Get real.

I'm proven wrong? I watched the games against Montreal (as well as their previous 2 series). That's simply not the way they played. Unless you want to break down tape somewhere, I guess no one's really wrong/right here.

If you are going to argue that you now think they'll completely go into a shell ala Nashville, because they are playing the Hawks, that's an entirely different matter. Maybe they will but that's not how they've played up until now.

Also, every team plays a trap at some point in the game (or if forced to, as you term it).

LOL, my posting style? Look who's talking. Now that's good stuff.

Get real.