What would you do...

Ok so here is the deal...I just started playing in a baseball league here in San Diego, bunch of cool guys and we have a blast after the game drinking some cold ones.

Just recently the guy who is gonna put up the uniforms decided we should use Cubs uniforms for our league play, he's not even a Cubs fan (at least that's what he says).

Would you guys continue playing with this team even if you have to don those awful uniforms or would you quit? Getting your money back and joining another team with less offensive unis is not an option, too late for that and 75 bucks would go down the drain.I have tried talking to this guy about getting another uni to no avail, so I'm in a bind...My brother also plays on this team and he is a die hard Sox fan and he says we should quit, I'm tilting toward his way of thinking. :gosox2:

Your thoughts...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
Ok so here is the deal...I just started playing in a baseball league here in San Diego, bunch of cool guys and we have a blast after the game drinking some cold ones.

Just recently the guy who is gonna put up the uniforms decided we should use Cubs uniforms for our league play, he's not even a Cubs fan (at least that's what he says).

Would you guys continue playing with this team even if you have to don those awful uniforms or would you quit? Getting your money back and joining another team with less offensive unis is not an option, too late for that and 75 bucks would go down the drain.I have tried talking to this guy about getting another uni to no avail, so I'm in a bind...My brother also plays on this team and he is a die hard Sox fan and he says we should quit, I'm tilting toward his way of thinking. :gosox2:

Your thoughts...

Just play baseball and enjoy the game, once you let things like that get in the way of the game are you truly a baseball fan? Just heckle the guy for ordering them all year, so when your bullpen falters you blame them on the unis, but seriously, play the game if you really enjoy it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Play in the Cubs unis, then report the league to MLB for copyright infringement.

Little League had to dump MLB team names/logos.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/mlb-says-they-ev...eam-names-17937

Thats not entirely true, as long as its the Majestic brand its fine.. I see little league teams around here all the time with MLB teams logos and stuff..

That article looks like its referring to traveling teams or something that were using their city name and then the MLB logos and names as well for them..

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
Wear a Sox hate, and with marker or something but "S" in front of the logo, and "R" in front of the U so it says "SCRUBS"

Better yet, if the Cubs logo is stitched on, take it off and stitch a Sox one on.

When I played Little League many years ago I had to play for the Cubs. The uniforms weren't so bad. It was a generic C on white uniforms with Cubs in white on the Blue C on the left chest. What sucked was the authentic Cubs hat I had to wear. It was traumatizing. I would only wear it when I had to. I would hold it in my hand riding my bike to the games. I would wear it in the field, but immediately remove it after the 3rd out of an inning. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I was so sickened having to wear this hat at all, I talked my way into catching so I could just wear a helmet. I'm probably the only guy who talked his way from SS to C just because of a hat.