White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
I completely agree, he's not finishing his pitches at all. It's the main reason that he has no bite on his slider. They might as well DL him, as he's not helping this team right now.

He's definitely not finishing off pitches. What how his arm snaps back almost as soon as he lets it go.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
Buehrle has been mediocre at best this year since that Opening Day gem, and he's kind of getting a pass on it while fans are reaming Peavy every time he goes out there, calling him a bust, etc.

I hate when this argument is thrown about-- there's always going to be a double standard, two players that aren't pitching well; one more criticized than another.

The two explanations I can give are: Buehrle hasn't been pitching scared and his velocity has been consistent.

This is just embarrasing with Peavy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
He's definitely not finishing off pitches. What how his arm snaps back almost as soon as he lets it go.

Exactly, it's something that was obvious in his 2nd start in Toronto. It's why so many pitches are fading towards his right.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
Exactly, it's something that was obvious in his 2nd start in Toronto. It's why so many pitches are fading towards his right.

From what I've seen before, that's what he's always been doing.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
4.68 is mediocre and even moreso if we are talking about since Opening Day, not sure what you're trying to say. I gave no indication at all that Peavy hasn't been complete and utter s*** for us so far.

I'm trying to say that is a pretty big difference. Peavy is getting crap because he has been a lot worse than Mark. MB has been mediocre while Peavy has been terrible. If the stats were switched I'm sure Mark would be getting from the people around here, and we would be hearing less about Peavy

The thing is, Peavy's current "stuff" just isn't good enough to consistently get hitters out. There's absolutely no bite on his slider, and his fastball is average. When you add in the bad location and the pathetic change-up, there's not really much hope for an immediate rebound.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
The thing is, Peavy's current "stuff" just isn't good enough to consistently get hitters out. There's absolutely no bite on his slider, and his fastball is average. When you add in the bad location and the pathetic change-up, there's not really much hope for an immediate rebound.

Hey it's just a rough patch. Just give him some time. Probably sometime in 2012