Official 2010 World Cup Thread

SRBIJA!!!

Huge, HUGE victory. I almost had a panic attack when Vidic got carded for that handball but what a save by Stojkovic. A win against Australia and we should be in good position to advance depending on the Ghana/Australia result. Referee's were bad, but I though they were pretty evenly harsh to both sides. Huge victory for the team and for the country. I'll be celebrating my ass off tonight!

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That referee single handledy ruined the game.

The Klose sending off was farcical. 3 fouls now equals 2 yellows? The 2nd yellow wasn't even close to a card.

That said, Germany still should have gotten at least a point if not all 3 from their 2nd half performance. Podolski was terrible, 7 shots, 1 missed penalty.

Serbia weren't too convincing, and there's a possibility we could get a result against them based on their form so far, but we need to beat Ghana tomorrow night to have any hope.

This is really f***ing dissapointing. Come on USA. Regroup and put em in. We should be able to score against these guys. Now we need an epic choke job by England or a great comeback. I'm hoping for both, but I think they'll pull this s*** off somehow.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 07:44 AM)
It is unbelievable how much that bulls*** yellow card changed the game. The US almost certainly scores there and it is a 1-1 game, and instead minutes later it is 2-0.

Ya, it was pure horses***. Such a f***ing horrific call.

Eh it was a handball so probably a foul, but not a yellow card obviously, but the refs are pretty pedantic on anything in the penalty box like that against the attacking team.

I just don't think the US have enough up front to score more than once in the 2nd half. Dempsey and Donovan need to get much more involved for them to have any chance.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 09:03 AM)
That referee single handledy ruined the game.

The Klose sending off was farcical. 3 fouls now equals 2 yellows? The 2nd yellow wasn't even close to a card.

That said, Germany still should have gotten at least a point if not all 3 from their 2nd half performance. Podolski was terrible, 7 shots, 1 missed penalty.

Serbia weren't too convincing, and there's a possibility we could get a result against them based on their form so far, but we need to beat Ghana tomorrow night to have any hope.

It wasn't our best game, but we also hit the post twice (as Germany did once as well). Germany played with desperation down to 10 men and down a goal so of course they went all-out on the attack and played a great 2nd half. And in typical Serbian fashion, they went into all-defense and counter-attack mode trying to hold on to the lead. Had some great chances though with the Zigic header off the crossbar and Jovanovic also hitting the post. Serbia was better in the 1st, Germany was better in the 2nd, but Serbia had the better chances. Obviously 11 on 10 affects that as well and I agree the Klose yellows were bad. As for my totally biased comment of the day, we were horrible unlucky against Ghana after Lukovic got 2 yellow's and the handball, and we were lucky today.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
Eh it was a handball so probably a foul, but not a yellow card obviously, but the refs are pretty pedantic on anything in the penalty box like that against the attacking team.

I just don't think the US have enough up front to score more than once in the 2nd half. Dempsey and Donovan need to get much more involved for them to have any chance.

LOL it never even hit his hand.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
LOL it never even hit his hand.

Yes it did, it came off his head and grazed off the top of his left hand.

Regardless, it was certainly not intentional, and as the announcer said, "one of the worst decisions I have ever seen."