NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 02:21 AM)
APortland board is claiming that a Deng to the Blazers for Przybilla and Bayless is in the works, We'll see if there's any truth to this very soon.

Why would Portland do this, unless they have a deal for CP3 in the pipeline?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Why would Portland do this, unless they have a deal for CP3 in the pipeline?

It was reported that the Blazers had a trade for Cp3 worked out before the draft and the Hornets backed out and the last minute. There's a chance that this could be revisited

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 02:22 AM)
Something that was raised on the Score... would you be willing to deal Rose to get Wade, LJB and Bosh??

Seriously? Rose is great but this is like asking if you would trade a dollar for a million, bazillion, trajillion dollars.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Seriously? Rose is great but this is like asking if you would trade a dollar for a million, bazillion, trajillion dollars.

Agreed. I like Rose alot, but....

I like parades at Grant Park more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
I agree

No way...Rose will never be the scorer Wade is...I like Rose, but Dwayne Wade he is not.

And obviously I know they are different players...they obviously play different guard positions...but in the final 5 minutes of a game, I'll take Wade all day over Rose.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)

Well there are a lot of people who are attached and sentimental about Rose that they wouldn't

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
No way...Rose will never be the scorer Wade is...I like Rose, but Dwayne Wade he is not.

I don't trust Wade to stay healthy...of course, Rose isn't the more dependable player either.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
I truly believe that in 2 or 3 years Rose will be better then Wade. With Wade getting older and Rose entering his prime.

OK. By the time this happens, Rose will be a free agent, then we can bring him back and go for a 6-peat. :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)
Maybe Wade is trying to do some image restoration after his critical Bulls comments and make the city of Chicago think he really considered returning home?

Quite funny how after he did that, no Bulls fan on here wanted to sign his ass. Now it's different obviously.

FWIW, I still see Bosh and Wade going to Miami, although the former is a 50-50 bet.

For Lebron it's either the Bulls or Cavs with the Nets as a wildcard.

Can someone explain to me why Rose would have to be traded anywhere to get Lebron/Bosh/Wade? All 3 guys' teams have pretty much no say in who they're getting back in a sign and trade. It's either they accept the sign and trade, and get something in return, or their player walks and they get nothing.

Also, Rose's contract isn't high enough for it to be bumping up against the cap if we were able to dump Deng's contract to the TBz's is it?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
Quite funny how after he did that, no Bulls fan on here wanted to sign his ass. Now it's different obviously.

FWIW, I still see Bosh and Wade going to Miami, although the former is a 50-50 bet.

For Lebron it's either the Bulls or Cavs with the Nets as a wildcard.

Yeah I don't even remember anything like that. Not liking what he said, resigning ourselves to thinking he doesn't want to come here because of it, and us not wanting to come here are all different things.

Wade > Rose, people. Stop sipping the local Kool-aid. Unless rose gains some weight, and ultimately sacrifices his agility in the process.. he won't ever be the same type of guard that Wade is, someone who is, as so eloquently put in 'Tropic Thunder', "in the s***".

Rose is awesome but Wade > Rose

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
Can someone explain to me why Rose would have to be traded anywhere to get Lebron/Bosh/Wade? All 3 guys' teams have pretty much no say in who they're getting back in a sign and trade. It's either they accept the sign and trade, and get something in return, or their player walks and they get nothing.

Also, Rose's contract isn't high enough for it to be bumping up against the cap if we were able to dump Deng's contract to the TBz's is it?

The only way you could have enough cap space to sign three max guys is to completely clear your roster. Three max players is just barely under the salary cap, so keeping anyone on the roster would make it impossible.

There's no way the Bulls could get all three, it'd only be two of them.

Wojo updated his story on Wade, says he isn't ready to say yes to the Bulls yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiTe...bronbulls072010

Chicago Bulls executives pressed Dwyane Wade for a commitment on Friday afternoon, but the star free-agent guard wasn’t ready to make such a leap to leave the ami Heat, a source told Yahoo! Sports. The Bulls were pushing for a commitment to arm them in a meeting set for Saturday with LeBron James in Cleveland. Officials will now try to work over James on constructing an All-Star free-agent alliance in Chicago.

The Bulls and Wade met for a second time on Friday and talked deeper about what it would take to sway Wade back to his hometown. Chris Bosh(notes) joined Wade and the Bulls for part of the meeting in the office of agent Henry Thomas, who represents both players. There are scenarios where the Bulls could try to work an arrangement for all three players to join them – presumably engineering a sign-and-trade with Toronto for Bosh – but the most likely partnership would come with Wade and James or Wade and Bosh.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
The only way you could have enough cap space to sign three max guys is to completely clear your roster. Three max players is just barely under the salary cap, so keeping anyone on the roster would make it impossible.

What is Max right now, 16.6?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)

I'm pretty much a idiot when it comes to NBA salary cap rules......with Bosh being a sign and trade, does he count against the cap? If JR is willing to pay a luxury tax, how does that fit in with obtaining the "trifecta"?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
What is Max right now, 16.6?

Something like that, though it'd be more if Bosh gets his sign and trade. 16.6 times three equals $49.8, which when factoring in cap holds would put you right at the limit.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Wojo updated his story on Wade, says he isn't ready to say yes to the Bulls yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiTe...bronbulls072010

Chicago Bulls executives pressed Dwyane Wade for a commitment on Friday afternoon, but the star free-agent guard wasn’t ready to make such a leap to leave the ami Heat, a source told Yahoo! Sports. The Bulls were pushing for a commitment to arm them in a meeting set for Saturday with LeBron James in Cleveland. Officials will now try to work over James on constructing an All-Star free-agent alliance in Chicago.

The Bulls and Wade met for a second time on Friday and talked deeper about what it would take to sway Wade back to his hometown. Chris Bosh(notes) joined Wade and the Bulls for part of the meeting in the office of agent Henry Thomas, who represents both players. There are scenarios where the Bulls could try to work an arrangement for all three players to join them – presumably engineering a sign-and-trade with Toronto for Bosh – but the most likely partnership would come with Wade and James or Wade and Bosh.

Wow, so they are looking at possibly trying to get all 3...the Bulls are going balls-out....gotta love it...Is Kenny participating in this plan somehow? :)