NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
Im wondering if another team is starting to get involved.

If people are worried Howard will resign in Orlando, maybe they are upping the Paul offers. Otherwise youd think that deal is good enough even if they took out Bledsoe.

If Dwight were a man, he'd resign with a team that has treated him exceptionally well. F*ck this generation (save Rose and Durant).

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 6 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Looks like league is saying it won't let CP dictate that NO trade him where he wants to go. Looks like they may make him become FA and

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 4 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Settle for teams with cap room or take far less $ to pick his spot. Or stay in NO for biggest payday. This must be about principle not bball

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 6 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Looks like league is saying it won't let CP dictate that NO trade him where he wants to go. Looks like they may make him become FA and

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 4 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Settle for teams with cap room or take far less $ to pick his spot. Or stay in NO for biggest payday. This must be about principle not bball

Good for the NBA. In no other sport is an superstar as important, and as undervalued as in the NBA.

This is why the NBA needed to hire a trustee/3rd party to run the Hornets in the best interest of the franchise or just say that they are going to make any trades until they have a new owner.

I have no problem with the NBA playing hard ball with their best asset, I just dont understand how it goes from one extreme to another.

Seems to be a complete clusterf***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 2 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Y! Sources: Hornets GM Dell Demps a "spectator" in basketball decisions. Stern's deputies running Chris Paul talks.

This whole situation makes me cringe.

I don't understand why people are so up in arms about this. The league (owners) own the team. The league (owners) pay the salaries of the various people associated with the team. The league (owners) have to consider whether it's fair to allow a team like the Lakers to get another superstar to the detriment of the league (owners).

The problem was the league pretending that NO was going to be run without some kind of oversight from Stern. It should have made known up front that the guy who works on behalf of the owners is going to control and manage the franchise owned by the owners collectively.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
I don't understand why people are so up in arms about this. The league (owners) own the team. The league (owners) pay the salaries of the various people associated with the team. The league (owners) have to consider whether it's fair to allow a team like the Lakers to get another superstar to the detriment of the league (owners). The problem was the league pretending that NO was going to be run without some kind of oversight from Stern. It should have made known up front that the guy who works on behalf of the owners is going to control and manage the franchise owned by the owners collectively.

The bolded part. Do you think Memphis really gave a s*** when they traded Gasol to the Lakers? That's not a team issue, that's a league issue that is creeping into the management of the team. It's a colossal conflict of interest.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
I don't understand why people are so up in arms about this. The league (owners) own the team. The league (owners) pay the salaries of the various people associated with the team. The league (owners) have to consider whether it's fair to allow a team like the Lakers to get another superstar to the detriment of the league (owners).

The problem was the league pretending that NO was going to be run without some kind of oversight from Stern. It should have made known up front that the guy who works on behalf of the owners is going to control and manage the franchise owned by the owners collectively.

This whole post is the problem...the league shouldn't own one of it's own f***ing teams. Its a s***ty team that loses money and nobody wants to buy....hmmm I wonder what should have been done with it.

Link

Another Chris Paul trade has collapsed, but this time both sides say the door remains open.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers could not complete their proposed Paul trade because the Clippers ultimately decided the NBA's asking price for the All-Star guard was too high.

But Clippers general manager Neil Olshey said Monday that if the deal changes it could be revived. And a source close to the process told ESPN that league officials also do not see talks with the Clippers as "over." The NBA remains "hopeful," according to the source, that Paul's fate can resolved soon.

"Everything's over until it's reborn again," Olshey said. "I'm not going to drag this out. New Orleans made a fair offer on their end. We didn't think it was something we wanted to pursue at this point and we move on. I met with the team and Vinny (Del Negro) this morning. We love these guys and it took us three years to get in this position. We've been waiting on draft picks that are coming to fruition. Our players are developing, our young guys keep getting better. we added a key free agent [Caron Butler].

"This model is a model for sustainable success and that's been our goal."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
If Dwight were a man, he'd resign with a team that has treated him exceptionally well. F*ck this generation (save Rose and Durant).

This X 100000000

Sometimes, I wonder how so many members of my generation ended up as colossal p*****s with entitlement complexes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
mtv and videogames!

Seriously though, how f***ing hard is it to just shut your mouth and at least *seem* somewhat professional? The public whining and crying is so tired. Dwight, Paul, LBJ and on down the line -- why is it that these guys are incapable of buckling down and fighting through adversity? I can understand wanting to abandon a bad situation when you have exhausted all reasonable options to improve said situation, but that isn't happening in these cases.

One of the reasons I admired certain athletes growing up is because they persevered and were constantly striving to get better. I feel bad for kids nowadays when so many public figures (that they would otherwise look up to) are complete f***ing dbags.