NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Bulls need Anthony Morrow big (assuming no LBJ). He'd be the perfect sixth man. I'd also sign Ronnie Brewer to be our starting 2-guard. Not a great offensive player, but can score efficiently and play solid D which we will need at the guard spot. Also brings nice size. I'd also go for Luke Ridnour for the back-up PG spot to round out the roster along with Asik who is a forgone conclusion as an addition.

Rose/Ridnour

Brewer/Morrow

Deng/Johnson

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Asik

That is a solid group right there who should hopefully grow into a bonafide contender in couple years when Rose becomes hopefully a star.

that starting 5 would require no defense at the perimeter, all opposing defense has to do is stay at home around the painted area to guard Rose's penetration.

Brewer would be a nice addition for a 6th man

My 5 would look like this

rose/ jwill or ridnour

allen or miller / morrow

deng / barnes

boozer / gibson

noah / ratliff or asik

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
that starting 5 would require no defense at the perimeter, all opposing defense has to do is stay at home around the painted area to guard Rose's penetration.

Brewer would be a nice addition for a 6th man

My 5 would look like this

rose/ jwill or ridnour

allen or miller / morrow

deng / barnes

boozer / gibson

noah / ratliff or asik

Ray Allen has re-signed with the Celtics for 20 million / 2 years

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
why's that?

Miami insiders as well as LeBron apparently flying to Miami tonight to meet with Riley. Wade and Bosh might be at the announcement as well.

It could all just be rumors, but the Miami insider has been 100% so far.

ESPN actually ran the LeBron flying to Miami news across the bottom line for about 5 minutes before pulling it back tonight at around 9:35.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Well, you all know I would love Anthony Morrow on the Bulls.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
Gordon is much better at creating his own shot. Morrow might play better D on a team that focuses on it. He's a great energy player thought with a ton of enthusiasm.

The biggest problem with Gordon, well two actually, he was so damn small for a SG and just simply didn't care about defense. I am convinced any player can be at least average defensively solely through effort. Morrow biggest problem on D was he played in system that didn't allow for defense really.

Every report that's out there right now is smokescreen and conjecture, does anyone really believe Lebron and his camp would play it all this close to the vest and tight lipped just to let it out in the waning hours?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
Miami insiders as well as LeBron apparently flying to Miami tonight to meet with Riley. Wade and Bosh might be at the announcement as well.

ESPN actually ran the LeBron flying to Miami news across the bottom line for about 5 minutes before pulling it back tonight at around 9:35.

I'm sure it's BS.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe LBJ wants to be the third highest paid player on someone else's team. Yeah, that fits the profile.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)

They pulled it back because it turned out to be bulls***, just like most of what they've reported lately.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
They pulled it back because it turned out to be bulls***, just like most of what they've reported lately.

No, they are reporting bulls***, and pulling back actual information. Trust me, they will cover up ANYTHING factual at this point

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
Ha, there's so much BS floating around right now. I'm sure NY, Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland all feel they have a shot right now.

Yeah and I think unless Lebron publicly says otherwise they all do have a shot and add NJ as well.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
yeah going around twitter that espn covered up the flight to miami, this is unreal, i'm almost to the "f*** Lebron" stage

Funny because that deadspin article says espn would do exactly that...

ESPN must be the only news media outlet out there. They are generating hype.

It's been New York today, it's been Cleveland today, it's been the Bulls today, now the 5 minutes of a bulls*** flight, then pull it back, and everyone is confused.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
I'm sure it's BS.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe LBJ wants to be the third highest paid player on someone else's team. Yeah, that fits the profile.

Haha.. well if LeBron signs with Miami, then your credibility as a poster is shot dead anyways. But hey... no pressure bro. :D

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
Hah, while I don't necessarily agree with everything he writes, that is a funny f***ing article.

The dude who wrote that article is clearly pissed (and it was pretty funny), but I can't help but wonder about people that share his perspective. Did it really take this whole fiasco to figure out that LeBron is a major league stroke job?

I'll stick with my prediction that he is staying in Cleveland.

LeBron James is like the show "Lost". In the end, he'll probably choose the Cavs and we'll never hear an explanation for all the interesting things we've heard along the way:

- WWW issues

- dinner with Amar'e/Houston

- FA summit with Wade/Bosh

- tax form changed to Chicago

- house hunting in Lake Forest

The LeBron supporters will then say it wasn't about the unexplained details, it was about the character.