NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)
deron also had 4 years in college to Rose's 1. The only point I'm trying to make in all this is this line of thought that Boozer will be a 10 ppg player without Williams isn't realistic compared to Boozers career line or the dropoff from williams to Rose. If this was Khalid El Amin you may have a point.

I don't disagree about Boozer, I think he will be around an 18-10 guy for the first 2 or 3 years of the deal so long as he stays healthy. After that though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty big fall off.

again, compare Rose's freshman year assist total to Deron Williams. I don't ever think Rose will ever be as complete a PG as Williams but I really think you guys aren't being fair to him in terms of development and comparisons.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
What are you talking about? You agree he's staying in Cleveland but don't like my reasons?

I would say he's more likely to stay in Cleveland than go elsewhere. I think your reasons are completely ridiculous and completely unsupported.

What are your reasons then.

Emotional decision/ it's his home town.

Mine are .. he'll make just as much money in Cleveland.

and has been pointed out to you again and again, that's just flat-out wrong. Period. This is why I don't like your reasons.

He doesn't want to s*** on his hometown especially coming to rival Chicago.

There's not really a rivalry there. It wouldn't be any more of a letdown for him to go to NY or Miami. But I never disagreed that he doesn't want to s*** on Cleveland.

He'll be a hero forever WHEN the Cavs win it. And they will win it with him.

And who else? He needs support and he doesn't really have any there.

I think you overestimate the Bulls talent as well.

Hey greg, try to actually support your arguments, ok? Why is the Cleveland roster comparable to the Chicago, Miami or NY roster?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
again, compare Rose's freshman year assist total to Deron Williams. I don't ever think Rose will ever be as complete a PG as Williams but I really think you guys aren't being fair to him in terms of development and comparisons.

Depends if people think the PG's main duty is to distribute or not. Rose is clearly a different kind of player, but IMO, will be the better overall bball player. His turnovers need alot of work and his jump shot needs to continue to improve, but if Rose can avg 8-9 APG, he will be VERY good.

Big news:

"

The Sky signed 6-4 free agent forward/center Christi Thomas on Wednesday.

"With Christi Thomas we will add depth and size to our front court plus invaluable WNBA experience to our team," said Sky coach/GM Steven Key. "

Here is my night before D-Night prediction.

6. LA Clippers: No. Are they even involved in this?

5. New Jersey: No. Not in Brooklyn yet, with an abysmal roster. LBJ has been too close lately to sacrifice the extra $30 million to go there.

4. Miami: No. He's not going to Wade's team to be the 2nd highest paid player.

3. New York: Serious contender. Bright lights, bad roster, lots of $$.

1b. Chicago: Serious contender. If he wants to win, he goes here. It's as simple as that.

1. Cleveland: Home. He'd never live down leaving them. They can offer the most money. Roster would be largely the same as one that keeps losing.

I have it as a virtual tie going into the final day with Chicago and Cleveland. The question is, does he think the Jordan shadow matters, does he want to win, and can he rip the hearts out of his home state?

BOLD PREDICTION: Bulls acquire a shooting guard some time tomorrow, pushing LBJ to have no choice but to come here and win 3 rings in the next 5 seasons.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
Here is my night before D-Night prediction.

6. LA Clippers: No. Are they even involved in this?

5. New Jersey: No. Not in Brooklyn yet, with an abysmal roster. LBJ has been too close lately to sacrifice the extra $30 million to go there.

4. Miami: No. He's not going to Wade's team to be the 2nd highest paid player.

3. New York: Serious contender. Bright lights, bad roster, lots of $$.

1b. Chicago: Serious contender. If he wants to win, he goes here. It's as simple as that.

1. Cleveland: Home. He'd never live down leaving them. They can offer the most money. Roster would be largely the same as one that keeps losing.

I have it as a virtual tie going into the final day with Chicago and Cleveland. The question is, does he think the Jordan shadow matters, does he want to win, and can he rip the hearts out of his home state?

BOLD PREDICTION: Bulls acquire a shooting guard some time tomorrow, pushing LBJ to have no choice but to come here and win 3 rings in the next 5 seasons.

way to keep the faith! im going into tomorrow with no expectations because i don't want to be let down again when it doesnt go down....i've officially come to peace with us getting boozer and possibly another small piece in FA :headbang

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
Is it bad I'm really rooting for him to go to New York if he doesn't come here?

It would confirm exactly what I think about the guy right now. If he goes to Miami or Chicago, you can argue he wants to win, if it is Cleveland, it is a home thing. Anywhere else is money.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
It would confirm exactly what I think about the guy right now. If he goes to Miami or Chicago, you can argue he wants to win, if it is Cleveland, it is a home thing. Anywhere else is money.

New York gets Curry's contract off the books after next season, and they'll be able to bring in another top FA. I think people are really underestimating how good the Knicks could be in two years if James goes there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
New York gets Curry's contract off the books after next season, and they'll be able to bring in another top FA. I think people are really underestimating how good the Knicks could be in two years if James goes there.

That is a lot of time in an NBA career. I know if I wanted to win bad enough to leave my hometown, I wouldn't be on a two to three year plan to do it.

STEIN_LINE_HQ Allen and Celts have agreed on two-year deal worth $10 million annually that includes player option in Year 2. ESPN.com link coming

there goes the theory of bringing in ray allen....2 year 20 mil

Edited by beckham15

dwadeofficial Congts 2 1 of the greatest human beings I know "C Booz". Chicago just won w/ U..

we won what?

chrisbosh Congrats to my fellow gold medalist Carlos Boozer! Very happy for you and your family.

the heat big 2 giving booz some love :headbang

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
Is it bad I'm really rooting for him to go to New York if he doesn't come here?

No, because if he does, we match up well with them and I think can contend much better in the east than if he goes to Miami.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)

They wouldn't have enough for a max guy. James, Amare, Gallinari and Douglas would take up around $40 mil, leaving them on the fringe of max space even before you factor in cap holds. How good of a player does $10-13 mil really get you? Maybe if they get lucky they'd get Tony Parker, otherwise it's someone like Troy Murphy or Kendrick Perkins. That's not THAT great a roster and it doesn't feature a ton of defense.

Edited by ZoomSlowik