NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
Hahaha it's not done yet and Chicago has a slight shot. Got it Chris. Leave the door open in case you are wrong. Par for the course, nothing to see here

lol. Nothing like getting a call from a buddy at 1:15 freaking out cause he heard Broussard on the radio. This stuff is just too f***in ridiculous in numerous ways.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:17 AM)
So Broussard said the Knicks were in the lead earlier. Then Miami was a done deal. Now Cleveland isn't done and the Bulls still have a slight shot.

This s*** has to be made up, come the f*** on

That s*** is just too funny. I know his job is to report information but I'd think you'd actually need to have information to report something, apparently not.

I never thought I'd actually root for Cleveland but after all of this s*** please let him resign or come to the bulls. The Miami thing would infuriate me.

My thoughts on this subject and also my facebook status

If Lebron James signs with the heat he immediately becomes the biggest p**** in sports, he basically says that I need wade and bosh to win a ring and cant do it alone when he has the talent to do it himself as the main piece in any other city in america. Lebron I hope you enjoy your rings in Miami because you will never ever touch Jordan as the greatest of all time by going there.

Why haven't the terms of the Bosh deal been disclosed yet? The absence of anything makes me believe Lebron's choice isn't so set in stone. Almost as if Bosh is thinking, if Lebron is here, I'm going to sign outright with Miami; if he isn't, I'll go for sign and trade to earn the money.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
I never thought I'd actually root for Cleveland but after all of this s*** please let him resign or come to the bulls. The Miami thing would infuriate me.

My thoughts on this subject and also my facebook status

If Lebron James signs with the heat he immediately becomes the biggest p**** in sports, he basically says that I need wade and bosh to win a ring and cant do it alone when he has the talent to do it himself as the main piece in any other city in america. Lebron I hope you enjoy your rings in Miami because you will never ever touch Jordan as the greatest of all time by going there.

That is true...I never thought that far ahead or really bought into the legacy bulls***, but he will never definitively be considered the best ever being a part of that trio.

And you know what? Maybe he is fine with that.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:33 AM)
Why haven't the terms of the Bosh deal been disclosed yet? The absence of anything makes me believe Lebron's choice isn't so set in stone. Almost as if Bosh is thinking, if Lebron is here, I'm going to sign outright with Miami; if he isn't, I'll go for sign and trade to earn the money.

They said today that they hadn't got that far along yet.

They probably knew damn well LeBron might come to Miami so they had to wait to figure out the money till later.

I really have a hard time believing the guy who is scheduling a one hour special for his free agent decision, and has a nickname of King James is fine with taking himself out of the running for greatest of all time.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
I really have a hard time believing the guy who is scheduling a one hour special for his free agent decision, and has a nickname of King James is fine with taking himself out of the running for greatest of all time.

Ha exactly. That's why the playing in Jordan's shadow stuff always makes me laugh. If you want to try and be the best of all time, there's no better way to do it than to go to MJ's town and win more titles than him.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:19 AM)
LBJ is an idiot if he doesn't pick the Bulls. It is the ideal combination of great roster, amazing fanbase, fantastic city, and excellent marketing opportunities.

...I think he picks Cleveland.

No offense, but this is why Chicago fans are considered meatballs, that post is so unbelievably nonobjective it's hilarious. Stop acting like his other choices are chopped liver, seriously, and those f***ing SendLebrontoChicago twitters, jesus christ I want to stab my eyes out when I read them.

Really, aside from a source probably originating with WWW, when have there been ANY rumors of the Bulls landing Lebron? All I've heard is that we're second, but nothing much like we've heard from Cleveland, New York or now Miami. I think we'll find out after that we were never really in the discussion.

As George Carlin once said, isn't there a small part of you that hopes for the worst? I hate the idea of Wade/Lebron/Bosh in Miami, but there's a portion of my mind that LOVES the idea of Cleveland crying about losing a player that, even after spending seven years of his career winning absolutely nothing, somehow owes it to the city because they drafted him. And he lives in a suburb of Ohio.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I really have no idea what to believe anymore. These reports of Lebron to Miami seem a bit more legitimate, but just seems like a very awkward time to be released. Lebron has been so quiet about everything but all of the sudden, 18 hours before the announcement, everyone knows he's going to the Heat?

Like I've told a couple others, there are 2 things giving me hope still for the Bulls:

1. The Bulls have been silent about everything. Lebron has been silent about everything.

2. Boozer was signed VERY quickly and never gave the Nets a chance to match. And he didn't get top dollar, instead leaving enough to ensure that another max contract could be afforded.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:36 AM)
Also, this has to be the longest thread in Soxtalk history.

I'm assuming one of the catchalls or some big trade rumor had to go over it. I could be wrong though.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
No offense, but this is why Chicago fans are considered meatballs, that post is so unbelievably nonobjective it's hilarious. Stop acting like his other choices are chopped liver, seriously, and those f***ing SendLebrontoChicago twitters, jesus christ I want to stab my eyes out when I read them.

THANK YOU.

Plus, you simply can't put yourself in that situation like you know it'd be an easy decision in his place.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:08 AM)
My last prediction: Lebron to the Heat. And this is the main reason why... http://twitter.com/chrisbosh/status/17553214058

I think it's been planned for some time now, just needed the details to be ironed out.

Well it's obvious they've been talking about the possibility for a while.

It's just a question of whether they would be willing to share the money as well as the spotlight...