NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 12:53 AM)
Bulls are alive and not bending on Noah is now to their benefit.

Now the Bulls need good performances for the first 2 months of the season out of Gibson and Johnson, along with a healthy and performing Luol Deng.

Of course...that happens and they may decide they want to hold onto Lu for his defense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
Point:Balta.

I still don't think that deal made any sense for the Netropolitans anyway. It'd be a marketing move, but it would at best leave them stuck hanging in that lower-level-playoff spot needing some other team to help them out with a top line player.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 08:07 AM)
And Melo would be a F***ing fool to not have a contract inked before the lockout.

Things may heat up again before the season starts...but it was going to be really hard for this to get done before the deadline. No team in contention would want to give up a key part or two of what they thought would be a contending team for Melo (i.e. the Bulls) and the Nuggets won't want to give up Melo without a key part of a contending club unless they take a major step back first.

It wouldn't be the first time that someone had the wrong person whispering in their ear in the NBA...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
It wouldn't be the first time that someone had the wrong person whispering in their ear in the NBA...

But even that "wrong person" wants to keep his access. If the lockout happens and Anthony winds up getting a 4/$40 deal afterwards and he was talking about a 4/$80 deal beforehand...I think it'd be pretty hard for the player to not realize something odd happened.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 08:31 AM)
But even that "wrong person" wants to keep his access. If the lockout happens and Anthony winds up getting a 4/$40 deal afterwards and he was talking about a 4/$80 deal beforehand...I think it'd be pretty hard for the player to not realize something odd happened.

In this case, hindsight is irrelevant.

Rudy Fernandez once again wants out of Portland and the NBA now after Portland promised they would deal him this summer. Portland's FO is a joke. They are too afraid to "lose" a trade when asking much more than a player is worth, though they have no trouble picking massive bust big men in drafts. As much as I like Brewer, I would feel much better having a SG that can.. I don't know.. shoot to help compliment Deng and Boozer's game. Brewer basically has the same game as Deng, cept more athletic. If I'm other teams, I'm going zone all game against the Bulls.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
The Miami Heat have yet to sell out a single home game.

What a joke that they get such an awesome team.

Yeah, how does that work? They sold out of their season ticket packages almost immediately. Are they just holding a lot of tickets in reserve for media?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
did anyone happen to net any tickets to the bulls heats game in January? the presale started at 10 am, and all the presale tickets were gone for that game at 1, and only a few singles tickets remains for the laker game

From what I heard, tickets other than single seat were gone when the presale started. Naturally Bulls fans went after Laker tickets, then Boston. I knew I wasn't going to get Heat tickets unless I got a season ticket package, so I decided to hold off on that. My woman gets a discount through her job anyway.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
I thought tickets weren't even on sale yet?

The presale was yesterday. I didn't even know I was eligible for it until I got an email from the bulls on monday. Didn't leave me any time to find some people that wanted to go with me.

I can't say I'm surprised because this definitely fits the pattern of behavior ever since his last contract ended. When it was announced he was going to do that special on ESPN (possibly the worst sports-related PR move of all time) people were like oh, he's gotta be going back to Cleveland because there is just no way he's so completely detached from reality that he would do this... right? Oh wait he is? Oh ok. Odd but ok. Then he doesn't even realize THAT is what caused the backlash after several months. He still has no grasp on reality, he lives in his own world where nobody ever tells him "no."