GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/1, 7:10PM, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
agreed. they need to pick up some ground asap.

Need to keep winning series, and pick up an occasional sweep. If we win all three on this homestand, and sweep one, we'll go 7-2 and be 1 game under .500.

June is the best month of the schedule to make up some ground...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Career vs Harden:

Pierre  1/2

Pierz 1/12 w/ BB, 4K (.083)

Rios 3/14 (.214)

Konerko 1/17 2BB, 5K (.059)

Kotsay 1/6

Quentin 2/5 w/ HR, BB, K

Ramirez 1/3 w/ BB

Vizquel 2/10 w/ 3BB, 4K

Beckham 0 PA

Zoinks!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Career vs Harden:

Pierre  1/2

Pierz 1/12 w/ BB, 4K (.083)

Rios 3/14 (.214)

Konerko 1/17 2BB, 5K (.059)

Kotsay 1/6

Quentin 2/5 w/ HR, BB, K

Ramirez 1/3 w/ BB

Vizquel 2/10 w/ 3BB, 4K

Beckham 0 PA

Looks like an easy night for Harden based on these numbers.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
Awesome, Vizquel. Yay.

I am to blame - but having Vizquel's glove behind Buehrle is a good thing, given that Buehrle is only as good as the defense behind him, since he puts so many balls in play.

Ozzie is following my suggestions (which I emailed to him 2 weeks ago) for getting Buehrle's season back on track:

1. Separate Danks and Buehrle in the rotation, so that teams don't see Buehrle Jr. (Danks) followed by the softer-throwing Buehrle Sr. (this was accomplished after the Detroit rainout).

2. Always bring in Santos (flame throwing righty) after Buehrle (a soft throwing lefty) leaves the game (this happened in Buehrle's last win vs. the Marlins).

3. Put the best defensive lineup on the field when Buehrle pitches, which means Vizquel starts in the infield.

If our defense does not give any extra outs tonight, Buehrle will be fine and we'll win. A nice 4-1 or 5-2 win in 2 hours 10 minutes is my prediction. Burls goes 7, Santos gets the 8th, and Putz closes.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
I am to blame - but having Vizquel's glove behind Buehrle is a good thing, given that Buehrle is only as good as the defense behind him, since he puts so many balls in play.

Ozzie is following my suggestions (which I emailed to him 2 weeks ago) for getting Buehrle's season back on track:

1. Separate Danks and Buehrle in the rotation, so that teams don't see Buehrle Jr. (Danks) followed by the softer-throwing Buehrle Sr. (this was accomplished after the Detroit rainout).

2. Always bring in Santos (flame throwing righty) after Buehrle (a soft throwing lefty) leaves the game (this happened in Buehrle's last win vs. the Marlins).

3. Put the best defensive lineup on the field when Buehrle pitches, which means Vizquel starts in the infield.

If our defense does not give any extra outs tonight, Buehrle will be fine and we'll win. A nice 4-1 or 5-2 win in 2 hours 10 minutes is my prediction. Burls goes 7, Santos gets the 8th, and Putz closes.

I like it, and I couldn't agree more with putting your best defense on the field. Way to go!

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)

I can't argue with that. I can't tell you how many runs we have given away this year, that didn't show up as errors.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
I can't argue with that. I can't tell you how many runs we have given away this year, that didn't show up as errors.

Agree. Witness the fourth inning of Danks' start against the Rays on Saturday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)

Right now, UZR has us slightly below average on fielding, giving away 4.6 runs more than the average number.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
Right now, UZR has us slightly below average on fielding, giving away 4.6 runs more than the average number.

Teahen himself has given away more than that. Things like that are exactly why I can't get behind fielding stats as some sort of reality.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
Teahen himself has given away more than that. Things like that are exactly why I can't get behind fielding stats as some sort of reality.

Teahen has given up more than the average, but other guys are giving up less than the average so the weighted hole is only 4.6 above average.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
Teahen has given up more than the average, but other guys are giving up less than the average so the weighted hole is only 4.6 above average.

The only guy who has been an above average defender by any reasonable amount has been Rios. There is no way Rios makes up for Teahen.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)

Basically, if Teahen had been as good at 3b as he had been the last year or two, we'd be an above average defensive team.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

i finally stopped staring at your sig long enough to read your post. Good points.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
The only guy who has been an above average defender by any reasonable amount has been Rios. There is no way Rios makes up for Teahen.

Juan Pierre has been awesome in LF, aside from a couple misplayed balls early in the year he's gotten to basically everything out there.