GT: Rangers @ White Sox 6/1, 7:10PM, CSN

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:17 AM)
Thats not my point. My point is how stupid the argument is in the first place: when the team is good, the manager is awesome; when the team is s***, the manager is horrible.

Well, when you're on your way to 3 years out of 4 with a mediocre to awful team, then I guess your manager is horrible. The same philosophy you mentioned above is true with every team in every league.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:16 AM)
The Rangers were right in the middle of the AL in offense entering tonight. 9 runs and 19 hits later despite a strike zone as wide as the BP oil spill, and they'll be a little better. Our pitching staff can cure many offensive ills.

Just remember, we could have flipped the rotation to have Peavy pitch tonight and Buehrle on Sunday...but Peavy is a grinder!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 11:19 PM)
Well, when you're on your way to 3 years out of 4 with a mediocre to awful team, then I guess your manager is horrible. The same philosophy you mentioned above is true with every team in every league.

It's true in every sport too. At the end of the day, manager's job is to put his team in the best position to win. That's all you can ask of him. Ozzie hasn't done that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:22 AM)
Ozzie has done fine, Bolt.

Have you ever heard the man's postgame pressers? He explains every move and they all make sense.

The team SUCKS. The manager is fine.

Wow, you are so loyal. D. Wade and LeBron need to come play for you.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
Thats not my point. My point is how stupid the argument is in the first place: when the team is good, the manager is awesome; when the team is s***, the manager is horrible.

The 2006 and 2008 teams were not bad, and he still did a lousy job managing them. 2005 was fun, but at some point, the capital from that runs out.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
Ozzie has done fine, Bolt.

Have you ever heard the man's postgame pressers? He explains every move and they all make sense.

The team SUCKS. The manager is fine.

How did he explain Omar Vizquel DHing with Teahen playing 3B? I know Ozzie's english isn't the greatest, but I don't know how he could possibly make that make sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)

Or its just that the manager just doesn't really f***ing matter all that much in baseball and I'll stick with the guy with the ring over another guy if its all the same.

Or maybe if your manager is also your GM. I said it earlier, Ozzie needs to manage and KW needs to put the team together.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:24 AM)
Bad night for Kotsay, he had some bad luck, but can't strike out looking like that.

You mean the grounder up the middle that would have been a routine DP even if Harden didn't kick it? Ha, the worst part of that was Stone having to agree with Hawk.