Does AJ get traded this weekend?

southsider2k5

AJ trade poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does AJ get traded this weekend, or does he get his 10/5 rights?

• He Gawn!
    • WhiteSox4life!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AJ gets traded, I will most certainly expect Konerko and some relievers to follow him out of town before the deadline..

If AJ is the only one who gets moved, I will be very disappointed..

I think AJ is still our best option at catcher as Flowers is not performing at AAA, but my feeling is several Sox will be gone either within the next 5 days or 3 weeks depending on their status. This off season coud see Ozzie and/or KW gone also. I would prefer KW be sent packing

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
I think AJ is still our best option at catcher as Flowers is not performing at AAA, but my feeling is several Sox will be gone either within the next 5 days or 3 weeks depending on their status. This off season coud see Ozzie and/or KW gone also. I would prefer KW be sent packing

AJ is hitting .219

Isn't Flowers already like 24? He needs to come up and be given a chance to show something, and honestly, I don't see there being much of a dropoff between the two..

If the person playing catcher for the White Sox is going to hit .200 you might as well go with Tyler Flowers to see if he is going to stick here.. move AJ and get SOMETHING for him..

I'm going to hold off hope that Flowers' May was just a bad month.

April: .323/.432/.613/1.045

May: .122/.215/.280/.496

June: .263/.391/.684/1.076 (small sample size so far though)

Hopefully he continues to perform this month. (didn't he say he is going back to his old swing? Might help him there)

Yes, Flowers was doing some serious swing work at the start of May, and said he was trying to go back to it after a few weeks of struggling.

His problem continues to be K's. He's struck out 8 times in 19 at bats in June. That's not going to go away.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
His problem continues to be K's. He's struck out 8 times in 19 at bats in June. That's not going to go away.

As long as he is walking at a good pace (has 3 BBs this month too, and he's always K'd alot, but produced a very good BB% rate too) to go along with the power, he'll be adequate. It's bad, but it isn't Jordan Danks bad.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
As long as he is walking at a good pace (has 3 BBs this month too, and he's always K'd alot, but produced a very good BB% rate too) to go along with the power, he'll be fine. It's bad, but it isn't Jordan Danks bad.

Actually his K rate is worse than D2 by quite a bit. He's in Mark Reynolds territory...which tells you what he needs to have happen with his power numbers to be a productive player.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Actually his K rate is worse than D2 by quite a bit. He's in Mark Reynolds territory...which tells you what he needs to have happen with his power numbers to be a productive player.

Ya I just resaw his numbers.. May really f***ed him up. Still is walking more than Danks though.

It goes to show how bad Flowers has been, and is still putting up a .775 OPS on the season.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
Ya I just resaw his numbers.. May really f***ed him up. Still is walking more than Danks though.

His K rate in April wasn't much better, 21 k's in 62 AB's. That's still "Worse than Adam Dunn" territory. If he's hitting 40+ home runs a year, fine...but until he hits his 35th HR some season, I'm going to worry.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
If he's hitting 40+ home runs a year, fine...but until he hits his 35th HR some season, I'm going to worry.

More on a power tear than Viciedo in less ABs (and almost the same in gap power with limited ABs). He'll be fine in the power department.

His OBP is still 7 points higher than Dayan with his average being 64 points lower.

Edited by SoxAce