Does AJ get traded this weekend?

southsider2k5

AJ trade poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does AJ get traded this weekend, or does he get his 10/5 rights?

• He Gawn!
    • WhiteSox4life!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I like playing here,” Sweeney said. “It’s relaxed, and I haven’t had one person say anything about my swing or try to change anything. I’ve made minor adjustments, but with the White Sox, everyone would tell me to change my swing every single day.”

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Flowers is not in the lineup today. Good just be one of his regular days off, or maybe Kenny told him to start packing his shiz. Then again, we have an off-day tomorrow anyway, so maybe it's nothing.....

Just an off day, I'm sure

I think Sweeney is a case of "He was never going to succeed in Chicago". I remember him saying he wish he a starting pitcher so he didn't have to play everyday. That sort of thing. Trading him was the right thing. I don't look at him and wish he was still on the team.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Maybe that is why Gordon Beckham has been a mental headcase because of the changes.

We are the kings of tinker tinker. We can't fix hitters that are failing, but good lord we can fix those that are hitting.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
I think Sweeney is a case of "He was never going to succeed in Chicago". I remember him saying he wish he a starting pitcher so he didn't have to play everyday. That sort of thing. Trading him was the right thing. I don't look at him and wish he was still on the team.

I wasn't impressed by him in 2005, but I think he was overmatched that year as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Interesting, do you know how often they bench him the day game following a night game?

The last off days he had were the 8th and the 4th, both night games. I'm not discounting the day game after a night game day off of course though. But, he has been hot with the bat lately, do you really sit him? Lucy's scuffling, but hitting second for some reason. In the minors, batting orders aren't like they are in the majors as much. Sometimes, when they want guys to get more at bats, they bat them higher. Unless they are adjusting to a new level, like Morel. Lucy batting second is just as much evidence of something potentially being up with Pierzynski as Flowers sitting. To be fair though, Lucy has batted second a few times before sporadically. Charlotte also has an open roster spot FYI.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
We will know more when lineups are posted for the Sox - Cubs game.

With the day off tomorrow and AJ having a day off Wednesday he should be in the lineup? Right?

Or, if Salty's not playing in the Oklahoma City game.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)

"At the point where I've tried doing it their way this last month, sadly enough the numbers speak for themselves, and that way doesn't totally work," Flowers said. "I have to go back to the old me. I have to go back to my style of hitting, while implementing the little things Walk [White Sox hitting coach Greg Walker] and Kenny talked about. .

I'm just trying to clarify something here. Who is the "Their" that he's talking about in the article? I'm asking because I believe that someone on this board has already stated that Flowers had a third party (not associated with the White Sox) try to alter his swing.

Without knowing the whole interview, it could be interpreted as Flowers is giving up on the new swing that had nothing to do with Walker, or the Sox; and is going back to his old swing with some added suggestions from Walker & KW.

Does anyone know for sure who persuaded him to change his swing?

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
"At the point where I've tried doing it their way this last month, sadly enough the numbers speak for themselves, and that way doesn't totally work," Flowers said. "I have to go back to the old me. I have to go back to my style of hitting, while implementing the little things Walk [White Sox hitting coach Greg Walker] and Kenny talked about. .

I'm just trying to clarify something here. Who is the "Their" that he's talking about in the article? I'm asking because I believe that someone on this board has already stated that Flowers had a third party (not associated with the White Sox) try to alter his swing.

Without knowing the whole interview, it could be interpreted as Flowers is giving up on the new swing that had nothing to do with Walker, or the Sox; and is going back to his old swing with some added suggestions from Walker & KW.

The devil.

One of the problems Flowers had is that he came to spring training with some adjustments to his 'old' (last years) swing that he worked on over the winter.

The Sox were unhappy with these changes and were trying to help him get back to his old swing.

Not sure what other changes he was trying in May that he's abandoned.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
One of the problems Flowers had is that he came to spring training with some adjustments to his 'old' (last years) swing that he worked on over the winter.

The Sox were unhappy with these changes and were trying to help him get back to his old swing.

Not sure what other changes he was trying in May that he's abandoned.

So, in other words, we should not be blaming Greg Walker for Flowers problems in May, correct?

I'm not trying to place blame on anyone, just trying to avoid blaming someone if it isn't their fault.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
So, in other words, we should not be blaming Greg Walker for Flowers problems in May, correct?

I'm not trying to place blame on anyone, just trying to avoid blaming someone if it isn't their fault.

Anyone on any team in any league that isn't hitting can be and should be blamed on Greg Walker.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
When Flowers squares it up, it's like an explosion. Whomever told him to change that is a moron or a saboteur.

Based on the increasingly "now it's personal" animosity between Ozzie and KW, sabotage is not at all far-fetched. (Beckham's position pinball comes to mind as well).

Throw in huge egos, nepotism, favoritism and the desire to please JR and anything is possible.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)

I would imagine it would be Buddy Bell, but that is just a guess.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
I would imagine it would be Buddy Bell, but that is just a guess.

There was an article during spring training in which both Kenny and Walker noted that adjustments needed to be made to Tyler's swing, with specifics being detailed by Walker. I would imagine that those are the adjustments he is referring to.

Edited by DirtySox