DID YOU KNOW?!?!

BrenBlackwood

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
Did you know ...Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the longest word in the dictionary and is a lung disease caused by Quartz in the air? (obviously a minors disease) ..

Floccinaucinihilipilification - longest non technical word. It means the act or habit of describing or regarding something as worthless.

Anatidaephobia - the fear that you are being watched by a duck.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
Did you know ...Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the longest word in the dictionary and is a lung disease caused by Quartz in the air? (obviously a minors disease) ..

We laypeople call that Silicosis.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
Just post any kind of random, useless knowledge, that may someday assist one of us in winning $27,835, in one night, on Jeopardy!!! :)

Great thread...

OR

We could just ask Balta!

:)

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)
Not calling you out but where can I find information on all that?

knightni's link covers it pretty well. It's in the book Lies my Teacher Told Me too (I just posted that in the catch-all thread) and it's all backed up with primary source material. I only remember reading about the good parts of his administration in school, when he did a lot of really foul things too that we just don't talk about for some reason. Wilson's administration set race relations back probably 40 years, was more or less directly responsible for the re-birth of the KKK, and a lot of that damage didn't get undone until the civil rights era.