Over .500 and within 5 games by the end of the month!

sin city sox fan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maki @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
no, fielder is not coming to the white sox, even if we rattle off 10 in a row, which is a pipe dream along the lines of trading for fielder.

your probably right. but a guy with a high OBP to plug in the 5 hole is just what the team needs. Fielder recently rejected a HUGE offer from Milwaukee so he would certaintly be a rental player for 1.5 years.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
If we get to .500 and get even closer to Minny. . I wonder if KW will go hard after Fielder? I know it sounds outragous right now- but the SP has been promising.

Just speaking in hypothetical terms how exactly would you pull that off without weakening said rotation?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 04:22 AM)
your probably right. but a guy with a high OBP to plug in the 5 hole is just what the team needs. Fielder recently rejected a HUGE offer from Milwaukee so he would certaintly be a rental player for 1.5 years.

So why would he be a good fit for this Sox team that's looking to reload/rebuild next year? Why use up all of our expendable money on one player?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
Just speaking in hypothetical terms how exactly would you pull that off without weakening said rotation?

Well if we are paying all of the remaining contract perhaps with just giving up Hudson and Viciedo would suffice? Granite its likely not going to happen as Milwaukee is going to ask for a hole hell of a lot more and KW does not want to give up on this starting rotation. . well at least not yet. First things first- get to .500 and then we can reavaluate. There is 99 games remaining.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
So why would he be a good fit for this Sox team that's looking to reload/rebuild next year? Why use up all of our expendable money on one player?

Well if we went after him this year- it means we are in the hunt for the division and so far KW hasn't pulled off any deals that would indicate we are rebuilding. The bullpen is there and if the SP continues to pitch well- that Left hander power bat is just what the doctor ordered.

Now if we keep losing- yeah I can definitley see a HUGE overhaul before the deadline and during the offseason. As of right now, the pulse is still beating. . its slow, but its still beating.

another thing, last year we got Rios for nothing. A similar situation can occur with Fielder if we eat up the rest of the contract. So instead of Hudson and Danks with them eating some of the contract, it would be just Hudson with us taking ALL of it.

The offense for the exception of a few games this month has been awful. You can''t win with inconsistant play. I love your optimism, but I give them about a 30% chance to even finish the year up at .500 or better and maybe a 5% chance of coming all the way back and winning the division by some miracle.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:34 AM)
Well if we are paying all of the remaining contract perhaps with just giving up Hudson and Viciedo would suffice? Granite its likely not going to happen as Milwaukee is going to ask for a hole hell of a lot more and KW does not want to give up on this starting rotation. . well at least not yet. First things first- get to .500 and then we can reavaluate. There is 99 games remaining.

How can you give up Hudson with the hole in the rotation looming with Garcia and possibly Danks/Buehrle in a year or two?

Would you say trading Danks and some prospects for Fielder and then replacing Danks with Hudson weakens this team?

Im not sure where I would side on this, but that's a huge LH bat the put right in the middle of the order..

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
another thing, last year we got Rios for nothing. A similar situation can occur with Fielder if we eat up the rest of the contract.

Wait a minute.. are you really trying to "what if" Prince Fielder getting put on waivers?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 04:03 AM)
Would you say trading Danks and some prospects for Fielder and then replacing Danks with Hudson weakens this team?

Im not sure where I would side on this, but that's a huge LH bat the put right in the middle of the order..

I think it would cost more than just Danks, but I'd say yes considering the amount of money that it would take to keep him.

Edited by spiderman

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
another thing, last year we got Rios for nothing. A similar situation can occur with Fielder if we eat up the rest of the contract. So instead of Hudson and Danks with them eating some of the contract, it would be just Hudson with us taking ALL of it.

Not a chance.

I know this has been used and abused, but Bernazard for Cruz is the type of scenario I see working this year more than a farm system for Fielder type trade.

If there is a trade to be made that will change the makeup of the team and improve its all around approach, it will involve moving Alexei or CQ. That is a gamble that I think is worth taking, especially if sent to the NL. I have given up on either of them amounting to more than they are right now and would personally drive Lexi to the airport. He really has not improved much since his rookie season.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
I know this has been used and abused, but Bernazard for Cruz is the type of scenario I see working this year more than a farm system for Fielder type trade.

If there is a trade to be made that will change the makeup of the team and improve its all around approach, it will involve moving Alexei or CQ. That is a gamble that I think is worth taking, especially if sent to the NL. I have given up on either of them amounting to more than they are right now and would personally drive Lexi to the airport. He really has not improved much since his rookie season.

I am all for a CQ trade. I think bringing in someone like Fukudome could be a good idea. I know the dollars don't matchup and Fukudome has fell apart in the 2nd half the past few years, but he is a left handed OBP machine. He also could be confused with Ichiro in RF in comparison with the hack job Q does out there. The only problem is the Cubs most likely don't need another OF, so it would then have to be a 3 way deal. Or a deal in which in addition to Q, they would take Linebrink off our hands too and with their bullpen, they may just do it.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
When I made this original post a week ago, I may have underestimated. If we can take 2 out of 3 against the Braves (and I think a sweep is possible), we should be able to end the month 3-5 games above .500. Twins have got to be scared as we are right in their rear view mirror now!

5.5 games back in third place is in the rear view mirror now?

All we as Sox fans can do is be thankful we're not in the AL East. Toronto would almost certainly be leading the division in the AL Central, but they're in 4th place. And all the Sox can do is keep on winning.

Looks like we got to .500 ahead of schedule.

So realistically, we should probably go 3-3 on this homestand.

We'd be lucky to go 4-2.

And I expect a sweep of KC.

So 6-3 the rest of the way until July?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
Looks like we got to .500 ahead of schedule.

So realistically, we should probably go 3-3 on this homestand.

We'd be lucky to go 4-2.

And I expect a sweep of KC.

So 6-3 the rest of the way until July?

I think 6-3 is a very realistic expectation, no matter how they get them.