Sox vs Cubs 6-26 game thread 6:10 first pitch

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
This could be a tough one.

Freddy has got to hold up his end of the bargain.

I'm more worried about Lilly in all honestly... and by worried I mean "slightly" though this team could probably rock a bullpen down if it came to that.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)
I'm more worried about Lilly in all honestly... and by worried I mean "slightly" though this team could probably rock a bullpen down if it came to that.

Why would you worry about a starter that we're not going to face?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)

Don't be.

We're facing Dempster as Lilly pitched on 6/24 vs Mariners.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
Why would you worry about a starter that we're not going to face?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:56 AM)
Don't be.

We're facing Dempster as Lilly pitched on 6/24 vs Mariners.

Damn, totally missed him filling in on that start. (6/24) Well then... this series just got interesting on our end. :D

QUOTE (RudyLawRules @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
Anyone remember how we did against Silva when he was a Twinkee?

I recall him throwing batting practice one year to our guys at the cell, let's hope we can pull it off again. Let's get one of our research staff to pull up the numbers. I have to say he's been really impressive this year for the Scrubs, however. I don't recall him having the PINPOINT control he's had in the few times I've seen him when he was with the Twins even though he's always been a guy that would RARELY even walk ONE guy in a start, so he's always thrown strikes. But this year especially, to me, he's rarely hit the middle of the plate if ever it seems

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 08:14 AM)
I recall him throwing batting practice one year to our guys at the cell, let's hope we can pull it off again. Let's get one of our research staff to pull up the numbers. I have to say he's been really impressive this year for the Scrubs, however. I don't recall him having the PINPOINT control he's had in the few times I've seen him when he was with the Twins even though he's always been a guy that would RARELY even walk ONE guy in a start, so he's always thrown strikes. But this year especially, to me, he's rarely hit the middle of the plate if ever it seems

Lifetime vs. Sox

4-11 5.33ERA 1.45WHIP 140 hits in 108ip with 17bb and 36k and a ridiculous 23 hr

I'd say we hit him well.