July White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
The Club is going to be pretty epic with the way our season is shaping up. MLB Network couldn't have picked a better team and season for this show to be about.

When did the filming actually occur though, and is it still filming now?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
When did the filming actually occur though, and is it still filming now?

I know they started in spring training, and I thought I had read they'll film through the trade deadline (July 31).

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
That is amazing to look at when you post it like that.

Is this the greatest stretch in Sox history?

I'm going to say this is the greatest stretch in White Sox history.

WWWWWWWWLWWWWWWWW 113583462_4a0019e851.jpg

From September 28, 2005-October 26, 2005

Keith Law really does hate the White Sox.

Just heard on the Score that Law doesn't think this run means much because they played a bunch of s***ty teams. Maybe he forgot to mention that the Sox went 11-2 against above .500 teams in Detroit, Anaheim, Atlanta, and Texas. Yeah, half the games they played were against good teams.

Seriously, this guy really lets his hatred for this team blind his judgment.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)

Just heard on the Score that Law doesn't think this run means much because they played a bunch of s***ty teams. Maybe he forgot to mention that the Sox went 11-2 against above .500 teams in Detroit, Anaheim, Atlanta, and Texas. Yeah, half the games they played were against good teams.

What a complete dickwad.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)

You still have to beat the teams on your schedule anyway. Almost half of the Sox remaining games are against s***ty teams too, should they just not play those??? In June the Twins went 1-6 vs. Seattle & Milwaukee, if they could beat those s***ty teams they would be in 1st right now.

Because Keith Law is a gigantic douche.

Look at other teams with a "weak" schedule over that stretch (which included a couple of first place teams, a bunch of road-series sweeps, and the always-hard LAA for the Sox) and let me know how many went 25-5.

Could they fall back down? Could the Twins regroup and take the division? Sure, but you cannot ignore a 25-5 streak unless you're baseball retarded.

"For those who think the Sox feasted on easy pickings -- a 14-4 record against the Cubs, Nationals, Royals and Pirates -- don't forget they went 11-2 against the Tigers, Braves, Rangers and Angels. The Sox have lost one series since the beginning of June. The National League just whetted their appetite for the AL."

All those nay-sayers who say we beat up on crap.. read it and WEEP!

FTA: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/colu...&id=5373435

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
White Sox are ranked 7th in MLB power rankings by ESPN (we were 16th last week). Looks like we're starting to get noticed a little bit. Although if this was done by almost any other team, they'd be first or second.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings

Sure we're red hot but are we really better than any of the 6 above us in that list? I would have said Texas but with Lee they are pretty dangerous.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Sure we're red hot but are we really better than any of the 6 above us in that list? I would have said Texas but with Lee they are pretty dangerous.

I am damn sure that we are better than the Padres and Braves (I really don't have to explain why on this one).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
I thought someone said he worked for the Jays front office during the Sirotka/Wells deal.

What a bastard huh...

It's not like David Wells did us any good.