July White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Kotsay is 7 for 48 (.146) with RISP this season. Of all the players in baseball with at least 40 AB in these situations Mark Kotsay has the 2nd worst batting average behind only Luke Scott (8-61, .131).

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Mark Kotsay is 7 for 48 (.146) with RISP this season. Of all the players in baseball with at least 40 AB in these situations Mark Kotsay has the 2nd worst batting average behind only Luke Scott (8-61, .131).

but he's a leader

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)

So you are saying that Kenny will trade for Scott?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)

Eh, at least Luke Scott hits solo home runs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
So you are saying that Kenny will trade for Scott?

I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Scott has two homers tonight.

Edited by chw42

I just want to say that I was wrong about Alexei's defense at SS. Last year, he didn't seem to improve at all as the season went on, and I was convinced he wasn't going to get any better. He'd just be the same guy - occasional flashy plays, but too many stupid mistakes and bad angles.

I was wrong. Alexei has gotten significantly better. And it is good.

Putz has made 36 appearances this season; he allowed a run to score -- whether inherited or otherwise -- in only 5 of those outings.

He's had 21 outings in which he did not allow a hit.

18 of his 36 outings have been perfect.

He's had only FIVE outings in which he's allowed multiple baserunners.

He's also yet to allow a run -- whether inherited or otherwise -- on the road this season. That's 19 IP, 24 K, .152/.200/.182/.382 against and 7 IR/0 IS.

He's allowed 5 extra base hits this season, good for 3rd among all relievers with at least 30 IP (Benoit and Venters have allowed 4 each)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
Putz has made 36 appearances this season; he allowed a run to score -- whether inherited or otherwise -- in only 5 of those outings.

He's had 21 outings in which he did not allow a hit.

18 of his 36 outings have been perfect.

He's had only FIVE outings in which he's allowed multiple baserunners.

He's also yet to allow a run -- whether inherited or otherwise -- on the road this season. That's 19 IP, 24 K, .152/.200/.182/.382 against and 7 IR/0 IS.

He's allowed 5 extra base hits this season, good for 3rd among all relievers with at least 30 IP (Benoit and Venters have allowed 4 each)

In other words, he's been the complete opposite of Randy Williams.

Don Cooper is brutal to listen to in an interview. Every question towards him, it's like he receives it as a challenging remark, and he always gives a condescending response. He almost pisses me off honestly. M&H asked him if Danks reminds him of Frank Viola and Cooper goes, "No, he doesn't remind me of him at all" with a tone that almost seemed to reflect a "That's a stupid comparison"

When asked about Bobby's velocity, Coop was like his velocity was fine, his stuff was fine, he just didnt get it done.

But then M&H kinda called him out because they mentioned, "Well Ozzie said his velocity wasn't there", which I liked.

Cooper can be an asshat sometimes, he doesn't need to take every f***ing interview as a challenge on his coaching ability

Cooper can be an asshat sometimes, he doesn't need to take every f***ing interview as a challenge on his coaching ability

I like when players and coaches fight back against the talk show/internet world.

Why should they sit there and not fight back? All people do in this era is b****. They might as well go down fighting as long as they don't cuss or act unprofessionally. Tone of voice doesn't bother me at all. What's he supposed to do? Throw Bobby under the bus? Plead for mercy for Bobby?

And if Danks doesn't remind him of Viola, he doesn't remind him of Viola.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
I like when players and coaches fight back against the talk show/internet world.

Why should they sit there and not fight back? All people do in this era is b****. They might as well go down fighting as long as they don't cuss or act unprofessionally. Tone of voice doesn't bother me at all. What's he supposed to do? Throw Bobby under the bus? Plead for mercy for Bobby?

And if Danks doesn't remind him of Viola, he doesn't remind him of Viola.

You are an odd person.

Can we end this DH by committee debacle soon? I've never been more annoyed by a Sox decision than this one. Maybe keeping Randy 'Gas Can' Williams on the roster is close but at least they finally addressed that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
I've heard quite a few Cooper interviews, and he's the most defensive person in the organization. The interviews are almost always the same.

He gave me absolutely zero insight in that interview.

Yeah, his interviews used to be a lot better, and then he got a big head. He's very defensive. I'll give him credit. The plane landed at 3am Chicago time, and he was on before 7, so he wasn't exactly thinking with a clear head this morning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
I've heard quite a few Cooper interviews, and he's the most defensive person in the organization. The interviews are almost always the same.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Can we end this DH by committee debacle soon? I've never been more annoyed by a Sox decision than this one. Maybe keeping Randy 'Gas Can' Williams on the roster is close but at least they finally addressed that.

Yep, the Jenks debacle completely overshadowed a pretty pathetic offensive game. The 5-6-7 of Kotsay, Jones, and AJP is embarrassing. Changes have got to be made to this lineup, as you shouldn't have your two hottest hitters batting 8th and 9th and have them followed up by two of the slappiest, crappiest hitters in baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
Yep, the Jenks debacle completely overshadowed a pretty pathetic offensive game. The 5-6-7 of Kotsay, Jones, and AJP is embarrassing. Changes have got to be made to this lineup, as you shouldn't have your two hottest hitters batting 8th and 9th and have them followed up by two of the slappiest, crappiest hitters in baseball.

And Ozzie's insistence to bat Kotsay 5th is mind numbingly idiotic. The guy has been absolutely brutal this year and can't knock in any runs but continues to bat there for some inexplicable reason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)

Good nicknames for those guys. You could hear Stone reading the lineup: "Slappy leads off, followed by Crappy, then it's Alex Rios..."

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
And Ozzie's insistence to bat Kotsay 5th is mind numbingly idiotic. The guy has been absolutely brutal this year and can't knock in any runs but continues to bat there for some inexplicable reason.

Batting him behind Konerko is just so idiotic as well, as you're basically begging for Kotsay to hit into a double play. Kotsay needs to be out of baseball, as he can't pull the ball without rolling over on it and when he hits it the other way, he doesn't have the power/ability to hit it into the gap, off the fence, etc.