July White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:54 AM)
ESPN has been jumping on the White Sox bandwagon the past day or so and its freaking me out. The White Sox were the first highlights shown on the midnight sportscenter, and they were not playing the Yankees or Red Sox and that never happens.

I think it probably helped that we played the Twins, but yeah, this is impossible to ignore now. 26- 5 is like a college basketball record...

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 03:00 AM)
I think it probably helped that we played the Twins, but yeah, this is impossible to ignore now. 26- 5 is like a college basketball record...

One of my best friends is a Cubs fan. His description tonight?

"That's just disgusting."

Anybody else have any doubts that Mauer gives pitches/location when he's on second base? Jenks K'd Hudson swinging after AJ's mound visit

Also, Jenks needs to hide the ball in his glove better with a runner on second, they can see the grip he's using so easily (he doesn't change it in the wind up)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
Kenny was on PTI today, here is the link to the video.

Kenny looks great...I don't think he looks like a guy who's ready to move on from his role as GM, as was speculated.

Kenny on PTI

There is also a lot less pressure on the guy in first place versus 4th.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
Some rotation news for next week: we'll see King Felix on Wednesday, and then Brett Anderson is scheduled to return to face the Sox over the weekend (we also have to face Cahill).

Anderson's back? Damn it, horrible timing. Although I remember we hit him really well last year.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
Is it asking way too much of the Indians to win both games of the day-night DH against Detroit today? Boy on top of a Sox win tonight that would be sweet.

They're already down 3

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

MINNEAPOLIS -- White Sox third baseman Mark Teahen took a few interesting-looking one-handed swings during flips prior to Friday's contest. With the pins removed from the top of his fractured right middle finger, Teahen is allowed to move the finger for about five minutes every hour.

Teahen clearly feels better without the pins, but clearly still has more work to do to be ready to return to the White Sox.

"I'm going to go through the whole routine of stretching with the team but obviously not take batting practice or throwing at all," Teahen said. "The stuff that is important will be the last stuff.

"No pins are in there. It's a matter of keep it supported because I haven't done anything for so long. It was all bone, so now it's a matter of getting that joint flexible and strong. Hopefully it's quick.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
We gained a half game today on the Tigers

Hilarious

but we lost one to minnesota who i still believe is the strongest competition and will win the division as the teams stand right now

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
but we lost one to minnesota who i still believe is the strongest competition and will win the division as the teams stand right now

If the Sox win Sunday, no harm/no foul. It's not going to be easy. I'm just glad we have meaningful games for the rest of the season.

Edited by flavum

If the Sox win Sunday, no harm/no foul. It's not going to be easy. I'm just glad we have meaningful games for the rest of the season.

Minnesota winning 3 of 4 would really be great momentum for that team, especially kicking our ass w/out Morneau. They'd be right back in feeling like they have our number almost every series we play them.

Like you said, it's not going to be easy. Hopefully Freddy will continue to surprise (me at least) and we can hit that utter stiff they are pitching. Losing 3 of 4 after winning the opener would be puzzling and sad.

Sure would be nice to see Garcia beat the Twinkies today (Sunday). Blackburn hasn't been so hot lately but you always fear what the twins can do in their own park.

Mon-Tue-Wed versus the Mariners covered on Fox-Northwest and I'll get to see all three games

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
Twins with 4 series now against really mediocre teams. If they're going to make a run, it will be the next two weeks.

is there any doubt they will make a run?

they are the best team in the division IMO

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
doc, I totally agree. I was extremely impressed by the quality of their ABs this weekend.

Its real simple. We can win this division.

1.) We need to stop wetting the bed up in Minny. No throwing the ball all over the place, no kicking it all over the place, no self defeat because they are the twins. Hit, pitch and catch the ball and we can do well.

2.) We need to start beating our own division. You cannot win a division when you get pantsed by teams in it. We need to ramp up our efforts in our own division.

3.) A move needs to be made. Konerko has his own opinion, but the idea that Kotsay is our DH is a joke. That needs to get fixed and in a hurry.

We should of won at least 2 if not 3 of these games and our own actions f***ed us. We have problems in the second half because that is when the pressure kicks on, and we go into pucker mode. Just play baseball and we will win.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
is there any doubt they will make a run?

they are the best team in the division IMO

Without Morneau? No way.

Way too many people are gonna let this series get into their head. We are better than the Twins, we should have taken 3 out of 4.