7/9 - KC Royals @ ChiSox

Heads22

Hahaha the Rangers sneak in and get Cliff Lee from under the Yanks

Rangers To Acquire Cliff Lee

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 9 at 3:57pm CST]

3:57pm: The Rangers will acquire Lee and Mark Lowe for Justin Smoak and three others, according to Sherman (via Twitter). Lowe will miss the rest of the season with back surgery, so his inclusion in the trade is puzzling. Rosenthal confirms that the Rangers are acquiring Lee and says the Mariners are sending cash (Twitter link).

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, Castro needs to be playing against LHP! And Greg, still don't think they're trying to get #400 at home for Andruw?

AJP is our starting catcher. He's not being held out against all lefties. He's not at that level yet. Castro is a backup. Let me ask you: Why do you get so worked up over this? You obviously want AJP to sit against all lefties and you are a logical man. That is simply not occurring this season. Why does that obvious fact bother you so much? s*** if we knock out Chen, then AJP may actually face more righties than lefties tonight.

But you act like this is some burning issue. Ozzie is not going to sit AJP against lefty starters except when he needs a day off. It's pretty obvious so WTF makes you obsess about it?

As far as Jones. No I don't think that's on their minds. Kotsay, who is a lefty, sucks as well, so somebody's got to play. I also hate Jones so we agree there.

And why do you think the Sox NEED to get Andruw 400 at home? That makes little sense. It's certainly not selling any more tickets. Nobody in their right mind gives a f*** about Jones.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
AJP is our starting catcher. He's not being held out against all lefties. He's not at that level yet. Castro is a backup. Let me ask you: Why do you get so worked up over this? You obviously want AJP to sit against all lefties and you are a logical man. That is simply not occurring this season. Why does that obvious fact bother you so much? s*** if we knock out Chen, then AJP may actually face more righties than lefties tonight.

AJ's hitting .170 with a .506 OPS against LHP on the season. Even worse against lefty starting pitching.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
AJ's hitting .170 with a .506 OPS against LHP on the season. Even worse against lefty starting pitching.

Thanks Balta, it's pretty easy to see why I would want Castro playing tonight.

My point is your stats are great, but AJ is the starting catcher. If they want to strictly platoon, then they should have traded AJ because he's not a part time player right now. And like I said, this is Chen we are talking about. If we take care of business he could face more righties than lefties anyway.

I haven't heard a word about platooning AJ so I don't understand why this is an issue.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
My point is your stats are great, but AJ is the starting catcher. If they want to strictly platoon, then they should have traded AJ because he's not a part time player right now. And like I said, this is Chen we are talking about. If we take care of business he could face more righties than lefties anyway.

I haven't heard a word about platooning AJ so I don't understand why this is an issue.

You face righties, what, 75% of the time? That is more than a part time player if that is what we wanted to do. Castro is hitting the ball hard and contributing. He should easily play against lefties.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
I'd say Sox win 2 of 3, with the loss coming in a blowout on Sunday.

Ahh, I tend to agree with you...but since you already have lost twice, we'll go quadruple or nothing on a sweep...cool?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
Don't get not having my man therapist in there against LHP, and don't get Jones playing this much. Let's get a win anyways though.

Therapist has really been taking advantage of his opportunities recently...