White Sox at Twins 7-18 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
Balta, are you freaking serious? Castro failed to get the runner over, and never made one attempt. Even Hawk talked about it.

If Beckham had hit that ball a little to either side, he'd have failed to get the runner over as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
If Beckham had hit that ball a little to either side, he'd have failed to get the runner over as well.

Oh come on...with one out, you're not worried about that. I know you know that.

Balta, are you freaking serious? Castro failed to get the runner over, and never made one attempt. Even Hawk talked about it.

I wonder if Earl Weaver, who hated the bunt, ever cared about guys hitting the other way and moving them over. I'm just making conversation. I realize it's what you are suppposed to do and all that. But if you slam a double off the left field wall, nobody's caring you didn't move the runner over. Don't freak, I'm just asking.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
I wonder if Earl Weaver, who hated the bunt, ever cared about guys hitting the other way and moving them over. I'm just making conversation. I realize it's what you are suppposed to do and all that. But if you slam a double off the left field wall, nobody's caring you didn't move the runner over. Don't freak, I'm just asking.

That's fine if you want to play for the 3 run home run...but this park isn't the right place to be playing that way.

Jeez greg, quote the person.

Awful pitch by Garcia gives the Twins that run back. Garcia making more bad pitches today than he did during the last month. I really hope KW doesn't panic about the starting pitching when it's the offense that needs a boost.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
BTW, talk about pitching away from your defense. Rios was shading Cuddyer to right center, and Garcia threw a fastball. It's those little things that hurt us when we play the Twins.

Yep.

Alex on base, pulling a Twins move and going with the pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
BTW, talk about pitching away from your defense. Rios was shading Cuddyer to right center, and Garcia threw a fastball. It's those little things that hurt us when we play the Twins.

It's bad either way, but I don't know if he meant to throw it there or if he missed badly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:09 PM)
Damnit Paulie

Twins are crushing the cookies today, and our hitters unfortunately aren't. Someone's going to have to get a big hit today for us to get back into this game.