White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
If memory serves me right he was viewed nationally as a higher level prospect than Hudson, and also, FWIW Jackson has a very good year in the AL under his belt only last year

A very good year supported almost entirely by a career low BABIP and Comerica ballpark, terrible peripherals, and a total inability to perform in the junior league this year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
I think Rizzo getting Ramos from the Twins probably empowered his line of thinking that he can ask for the moon from a team and get it

The Diamondbacks trading Dan Haren for peanuts didn't seem to convince them to give up Jackson for peanuts.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
You guys are welcome to feel that way, but I find that a little sad. I don't need angels, but I refuse to root for the success of complete scumbags like that. I just can't do it.

AJ is an "asshole" in the sense that he is annoying, plays a little dirty, etc. I can handle that no problem. But that's a long way from beating up your wife in public.

Agreed completely, I just can't bring myself to cheer for a man that I know is a piece of s***. I just can't.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
You guys are welcome to feel that way, but I find that a little sad. I don't need angels, but I refuse to root for the success of complete scumbags like that. I just can't do it.

AJ is an "asshole" in the sense that he is annoying, plays a little dirty, etc. I can handle that no problem. But that's a long way from beating up your wife in public.

And I can respect you feeling that way. It's just a personal thing.

Personally, I stopped looking at athletes as my role models when I was about 20 I think.

When I want to read about human beings that I truly admire, I look to the clergy...oh wait...

Obviously Kotsay and Dunn would platoon.

Platoon? Aren't they both lefties? That makes no sense. Oz will be forced to play Dunn over Kotsay or get fired and as an Oz lover, that would be a fireable offense. You don't acquire Dunn and split his at bats with Mr. Out.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)

Personally, I stopped looking at athletes as my role models when I was about 20 I think.

When I want to read about human beings that I truly admire, I look to the clergy...oh wait...

Charles Barkley is right...athletes aren't role models.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)

:lolhitting

HAHAHAHA LMFAO!! That's the funniest thing I've read all day! ..Perhaps even this week!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Platoon? Aren't they both lefties? That makes no sense. Oz will be forced to play Dunn over Kotsay or get fired and as an Oz lover, that would be a fireable offense.

I'm glad to see you are realistic Greg.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
I think Rizzo getting Ramos from the Twins probably empowered his line of thinking that he can ask for the moon from a team and get it

Am I the only one who isn't that impressed with Ramos? I will feel like that was a pretty good get for the Twinkies.

Contrary to this boards belief Dan Hudson is not better than Joe Saunders.

So unless the Sox had a Joe Saunders what the D-Backs got for Haren is irrelevant.

Not to mention KW probably offered Hudson to numerous different teams, and most likely very few wanted to give him great value. It even appears the nats who want to dump salary dont want Hudson.

/shrugs

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Platoon? Aren't they both lefties? That makes no sense. Oz will be forced to play Dunn over Kotsay or get fired and as an Oz lover, that would be a fireable offense.

time to get it checked out...

sarcasm_detector-710630.jpg

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Am I the only one who isn't that impressed with Ramos? I will feel like that was a pretty good get for the Twinkies.

I thought I read that he was the centerpiece of the possibly Cliff Lee to Minny deal that fell through because Minny didnt really want to let him go.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:02 PM)
Contrary to this boards belief Dan Hudson is not better than Joe Saunders.

So unless the Sox had a Joe Saunders what the D-Backs got for Haren is irrelevant.

Not to mention KW probably offered Hudson to numerous different teams, and most likely very few wanted to give him great value. It even appears the nats who want to dump salary dont want Hudson.

/shrugs

Maybe he was no better than a Saunders type, but it's the cost...if you can get average ML innings at the league minimum, you are doing extremely well for yourself.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)

I don't see how you can be a fan of any professional, and a lot of collegiate, sports team then. Look at every team in baseball, I guarantee you find at least 1 scumbag on the 25 and a whole lot more in the minors.