White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
Contrary to this boards belief Dan Hudson is not better than Joe Saunders.

So unless the Sox had a Joe Saunders what the D-Backs got for Haren is irrelevant.

Not to mention KW probably offered Hudson to numerous different teams, and most likely very few wanted to give him great value. It even appears the nats who want to dump salary dont want Hudson.

/shrugs

Joe Saunders is 29 (and not that great). The DBacks aren't going to compete for at least a few years.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
I don't see how you can be a fan of any professional, and a lot of collegiate, sports team then. Look at every team in baseball, I guarantee you find at least 1 scumbag on the 25 and a whole lot more in the minors.

That doesnt mean you cant say you dont want those scumbags on your favorite team.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Contrary to this boards belief Dan Hudson is not better than Joe Saunders.

So unless the Sox had a Joe Saunders what the D-Backs got for Haren is irrelevant.

Not to mention KW probably offered Hudson to numerous different teams, and most likely very few wanted to give him great value. It even appears the nats who want to dump salary dont want Hudson.

/shrugs

Boy, you must really like Joe Saunders' mediocre ERA and pretty bad FIP.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
It appears are we are going to lose like 5-6 prospects today and all we will have to show for it is 2 month of Adam Dunn, Brett Myers and a World Championship. I can't say that I'm impressed.

fixed

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
Instead of Crede's Crew we could form some sort of anti-Myers crew. Who can think of a good name?

So say we acquire Myers for prospects, and it turns out that Myers is pitching in Game 4 of the ALDS, in which we are trailing in the series 2-1 to Tampa. Do you think you would find it incredibly hard to cheer for him then? And that goes to any members of the crew that would like to reply...

Edited by iamshack

If Hudson was a super prospect the Sox could have gotten Dunn for him or a number of other players. The fact that this is all the Sox could get, should be telling.

Unless you believe that KW didnt shop Hudson around and didnt talk with most teams.

Since i believe KW has been working every team, he knew what Hudson could fetch and this was it.

Makes me think of the time when Brandon Allen was traded and some people acted like the Sox had just given up on Babe Ruth.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
So say we acquire Myers for prospects, and it turns out that Myers is pitching in Game 4 of the ALDS against Tampa. Do you think you would find it incredibly hard to cheer for him then? And that goes to any members of the crew that would like to reply...

I'd still want to win but I won't openly root for him individually.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
It appears are we are going to lose like 5-6 prospects today and all we will have to show for it is 2 month of Adam Dunn and Brett Myers. I can't say that I'm impressed.

Thing is, our prospects absolutely suck. Besides for our last three 1st round picks, there's no one that's been in the system that really projects as anything above average. Guys like Morel probably wouldn't be in the top 10 prospects for most teams, and someone like Jordan Danks would be in the 20-30 range.

Didnt this incident with Myers happen 4-5 years ago ? Hitting a woman makes you a complete and disgusting turd but I have always practiced forgiveness no matter what. And its a whole lot easier to forgive if the person makes an effort to change and realize what they did was totally wrong.

So say we acquire Myers for prospects, and it turns out that Myers is pitching in Game 4 of the ALDS against Tampa. Do you think you would find it incredibly hard to cheer for him then? And that goes to any members of the crew that would like to reply...

If hes already on the Sox there aint much as a fan you can do. You cheer that the Sox win the game, because youre a fan of the team, but you wish he wasnt a part of it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
If Hudson was a super prospect the Sox could have gotten Dunn for him or a number of other players. The fact that this is all the Sox could get, should be telling.

Unless you believe that KW didnt shop Hudson around and didnt talk with most teams.

Since i believe KW has been working every team, he knew what Hudson could fetch and this was it.

Makes me think of the time when Brandon Allen was traded and some people acted like the Sox had just given up on Babe Ruth.

The voice of reason.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
So say we acquire Myers for prospects, and it turns out that Myers is pitching in Game 4 of the ALDS, in which we are trailing in the series 2-1 to Tampa. Do you think you would find it incredibly hard to cheer for him then? And that goes to any members of the crew that would like to reply...

I can pretty much guarantee that there are worse individuals that everyone has rooted for on the Sox that have done much worse than what Myers did. As you said before, these guys are all a bunch of assholes for the most part.

I'm not to the point where i would root against him and the sox when he was pitching, but i dont have to like a guy just because he wears white sox colors. if ends up here and is successful and helps the sox win so be it. doesnt mean i am going out and buying a Myers jersey anytime soon.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
That doesnt mean you cant say you dont want those scumbags on your favorite team.

Yeah, Im all for trying to limit the amount of scumbags (word of the day?) on any team, but it's not going to ruin my fandom because the only available option to help us win is a jackass.

If Myers went out and won game 7 of the world series, the fact that he is a scumbag would be the last thing on everyone's mind.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
The voice of reason.

The people who don't like the Hudson deal are not complaining because of Hudson's talent. It's the way he fits into the team's payroll next season that made him more valuable.

That simply cannot be ignored.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
Didnt this incident with Myers happen 4-5 years ago ? Hitting a woman makes you a complete and disgusting turd but I have always practiced forgiveness no matter what. And its a whole lot easier to forgive if the person makes an effort to change and realize what they did was totally wrong.

Guys like that don't really change ..he probably just does it in private now!

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
Yeah, Im all for trying to limit the amount of scumbags (word of the day?) on any team, but it's not going to ruin my fandom because the only available option to help us win is a jackass.

If Myers went out and won game 7 of the world series, the fact that he is a scumbag would be the last thing on everyone's mind.

False. Shipp's pissing problems would be the last thing on our minds.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Platoon? Aren't they both lefties? That makes no sense. Oz will be forced to play Dunn over Kotsay or get fired and as an Oz lover, that would be a fireable offense. You don't acquire Dunn and split his at bats with Mr. Out.

I used green.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
You guys are welcome to feel that way, but I find that a little sad. I don't need angels, but I refuse to root for the success of complete scumbags like that. I just can't do it.

AJ is an "asshole" in the sense that he is annoying, plays a little dirty, etc. I can handle that no problem. But that's a long way from beating up your wife in public.

how about that jackass who beat his wife and that bass player that the smashing pumpkins had a benefit concert for?

that guy needs to be locked up and ass slammed in the pen

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
The people who don't like the Hudson deal are not complaining because of Hudson's talent. It's the way he fits into the team's payroll next season that made him more valuable.

That simply cannot be ignored.

And the fact that the deadline hasn't expired yet cannot be ignored.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Stone says that Washington views Jackson as a closer.

thats odd, I thought they were pretty set with Storen as their closer of the present and future now that Capps is gone