White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
BNightengale

#mlb #whitesox #Dodgers The Dodgers rejected the White Sox's offer and simply let Ramirez go on a waiver claim

Apparently Kenny wanted to give them Jon Gilmore in return for $1.5M. Not surprised the Dodgers said no.

I thought the Dodgers would've wanted Gilmore, since they don't really have any 3B prospects to speak of.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
No. I want him to play tonight.

I agree. Talbot dominates us, and plus, this game is on WGN, which means just about every single Sox fan has access to watch the game, whereas Tuesday's game is on CSN and others, like myself, won't be able to watch.

:angry:

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
But at the cost of $1.5M? Not sure a prospect of Gilmore's caliber is worth paying $1.5 to get.

That's true, just hoping my prediction would come true. He was my guess as whom the Dodgers would like in return prospect wise, based on their current major league lineup. If Gilmore's gonna get exposed, I'd rather it be with the Chattanooga Lookouts (Dodgers AA) than the Barons in 2011.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
How do you know what financial impact it has? Its $4 million that could have been spent on something more useful, perhaps earlier in the season. Manny is 38 and injured. If he could lead a team from a 4.5 game deficit all by himself, you would think he would have been in the line up this past weekend.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
Got this from a certain radio announcer, from WGN who comes in my business. He said the real reason Manny got traded from the Red Sox, is because he took a dump in the middle of a hotel room, where the Red Sox where staying on the road. Apparently, he asked the maid for more towels and when she didn't leave any, he took a dump in the room. The hotel manager called Theo and the rest is history. I guess it was a 5 star hotel also!!

I hope that Manny story about the dump is true because to tell such a disgusting story if not true means that WGN radio announcer is a wacked out idiot.

If it is true, the media should flush that one out (ha). That story MUST be printed. If Manny did that, he truly is the most disgusting human alive, OK ONE of the most disgusting.

If that story is true ... Manny is disgusting human waste.

Obviously the money means something to the Dodgers. They have to be rejoicing today, getting some team to pay that bum for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
I hope that Manny story about the dump is true because to tell such a disgusting story if not true means that WGN radio announcer is a wacked out idiot.

If it is true, the media should flush that one out (ha). That story MUST be printed. If Manny did that, he truly is the most disgusting human alive, OK ONE of the most disgusting.

Obviously the money means something to the Dodgers. They have to be rejoicing today, getting some team to pay that bum for the rest of the season.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why you even post here. Everything the Sox do seems to piss you off, so maybe, I don't know, not posting would give you a lot of stress relief????

Just an observation.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
A transaction has to be completed before a certain time in the day for a player to be eligible to play that night, correct?

Bob Nightengale: Manny waited for deal to be finalized before leaving for Cleveland. Flight lands tonite, but too late for game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)

Actually, they're not rejoicing today at all...the divorce hearings are starting today.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)

You can thank you're wonderful manager for this acquisition because of his bone-headed decision to use Kotsay as his primary DH this season.

Now that I start to think about it, maybe it's better than Manny doesn't come until tomorrow so no one will have to be removed from 25-man roster tonight, meaning they take 10 days off, and I think it would also make them ineligible for the playoffs. So from the team standpoint, maybe it's a good thing.

But I really wanted to watch Manny on WGN. :(

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
You can thank you're wonderful manager for this acquisition because of his bone-headed decision to use Kotsay as his primary DH this season.

That's quite a stretch.

There are other guys KW could have acquired than this bum. I'm all for him helping the team win. I'm just glad Sox fans are keeping an open mind and not embarrassing themselves by having some catch phrase like Mannywood for his arrival.

He should be treated as just another guy.

I wish that WGN announcer would tell the Boston media of that story about Manny in the hotel. Maybe they'll look into it if the Chicago and LA media don't want to. It has to be untrue. No human being would do what that story alleges.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)
That's quite a stretch.

There are other guys KW could have acquired than this bum. I'm all for him helping the team win. I'm just glad Sox fans are keeping an open mind and not embarrassing themselves by having some catch phrase like Mannywood for his arrival.

He should be treated as just another guy.

I wish that WGN announcer would tell the Boston media of that story about Manny in the hotel. Maybe they'll look into it if the Chicago and LA media don't want to. It has to be untrue. No human being would do what that story alleges.

Mannypalooza.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
I'm just glad Sox fans are keeping an open mind and not embarrassing themselves by having some catch phrase like Mannywood for his arrival.

4942253352_a215254fe0.jpg

Am I embarrassing myself? Or do I possess the ability to find joy and excitement in things in life instead of poo-pooing everything... Something as cool as Manny f***ing Ramirez on the White Sox? Awesome in my book. Make your own choice as to whether I'm embarrassing myself, but I don't really care.

Mannypalooza will rock Chicagoland.

Edited by Steve9347

September is too late for mania to take hold anyway.

Summer is over. Kids back in school. The marathon season is in the stretch run.

Manny will either produce and help us beat the Twins, which is very unlikely considering the Twins' schedule compared to ours, or Manny won't.

There should be very little Manny mania this time of year with football starting, etc.

I can't believe there's no discussion of the yahoo article indicating how Manny has repeatedly quit on his teammates.

Just do it, Manny. You are no big deal in the great city of Chicago. You have to prove something first here.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)

Am I embarrassing myself? Or do I possess the ability to find joy and excitement in things in life instead of poo-pooing every... Something as cool as Manny f***ing Ramirez on the White Sox? Awesome in my book. Make your own choice as to whether I'm embarrassing myself, but I don't really care.

Mannypalooza will rock Chicagoland.

Can't wait to drive down the Man Ryan Expressway.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
September is too late for mania to take hold anyway.

Summer is over. Kids back in school. The marathon season is in the stretch run.

Manny will either produce and help us beat the Twins, which is very unlikely considering the Twins' schedule compared to ours, or Manny won't.

There should be very little Manny mania this time of year with football starting, etc.

I can't believe there's no discussion of the yahoo article indicating how Manny has repeatedly quit on his teammates.

Just do it, Manny. You are no big deal in the great city of Chicago. You have to prove something first here.

I agree there's joy in baseball and life.

Forgive me for not applauding the team for acquiring a guy, who by all accounts, is a bum.

A rich bum if that's possible.

I hope he hits .400 for the month with 15 home runs and we beat out the Twins. I am not saying he can't excel. I just think he's a turd. You can polish a turd all you want, but a turd will always be a turd. This will not end well.

But if he can bring us another WS title, great. I'll take it. I just want the Sox to use him for his ability and the fans to challenge him to excel.

I'm not normally in favor of booing, but I hope we boo him on every out, and praise him when he gets a hit.