White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. The two worst things in sports are cheaters and quitters. Manny's been verified as both. I can't believe KW is bringing that garbage to the South Side. Since I live in Colorado and can't do it myself, I'm paying for one of my friends to go to a game just to boo Manny for me

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Yeah, I would think at this point the Dodgers would just want to dump his entire salary. We'll see by tomorrow.....

That's what I'm thinking. Its not like a trade where they really don't have any option except maybe partial salary relief and a garbage prospect or 2. If I'm Coletti, I'm taking as much cash as possible unless KW wants to give me a guy like Mitchell or maybe take a chance on a guy like Flowers for $1 million , although I doubt he'd make it through waivers.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
That's what I'm thinking. Its not like a trade where they really don't have any option except maybe partial salary relief and a garbage prospect or 2. If I'm Coletti, I'm taking as much cash as possible unless KW wants to give me a guy like Mitchell or maybe take a chance on a guy like Flowers for $1 million , although I doubt he'd make it through waivers.

KW doesn't hate prospects THAT much.

QUOTE (EMONEY @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. The two worst things in sports are cheaters and quitters. Manny's been verified as both. I can't believe KW is bringing that garbage to the South Side. Since I live in Colorado and can't do it myself, I'm paying for one of my friends to go to a game just to boo Manny for me

I'm in your camp, but the majority of people really don't care about the character of the players they cheer for if the team wins. If he helps them win, no one will really care what a jackass he is. Chances are, he's not going to help them win. If he does help them win, fans will be clamouring to have him re-signed and that honeymoon will end quickly as well.

Edited by Dick Allen

Greg thinks your disgusting.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
I bet they aren't quiverring either. $4 million would have been much better spent in the offseason.

This team is better off financially than we think.

We need something like 500 ticket sales per game the rest of the season, or perhaps even less, to cover for Manram's salary.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
This team is better off financially than we think.

We need something like 500 ticket sales per game the rest of the season, or perhaps even less, to cover for Manram's salary.

8000 tickets covers 4 million +?

If anyone knows they are better off than what we think, or what they say, its me, I've been trying to point it out for a year and a half. What I'm saying is if you're willing to spend this money for a broken down 38 year old for one month, you would have been better off spending it last winter and perhaps those 8000 people would have already bought tickets to several games.

I personally think this acquisition is a borderline publicity stunt.

:crying

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
8000 tickets covers 4 million +?

$40 a ticket, on average. 10,000 people. = $4 million.

Concessions, parking etc on top of that. And a single playoff game...with nearly 40k paying $50 a ticket and also guaranteeing season ticket sales for next year...

It doesn't take much in terms of publicity to cover $4 million.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)

Concessions, parking etc on top of that. And a single playoff game...with nearly 40k paying $50 a ticket and also guaranteeing season ticket sales for next year...

10,000 times $40 is 400,000 not 4 million

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)

Math fail bro

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)

That equals $400,000 not $4,000,000