White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 04:43 AM)
You cant possibly think a 3.5 game lead with over a month left is being way ahead

Insurmountable. This team has never shown anything to anyone to make anybody think they can reel off numerous wins in a row.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 06:41 AM)
Some fan you are. You were saying before last night's game that we would lose and Freddy had no chance. Why bother watching and coming in here with all of your negativity?

:cheers

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
Many here talk about Fuentes like he is second coming of Mariano Rivera.

Didn't he blow a save against the Sox earlier in the season?

Fuentes is a good relief pitcher (making way too much money) but let's not overreact.

No, 2 for 2 in save opps vs the Sox this year. You don't have to be Mariano Rivera to be a quality reliever, especially when you throw with your left hand.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Anyone find it odd Manny has been out of th lineup 2 days in a row? I've worked all night so maybe this was explained.

KW probaly has a deal already done, but he wants to stick it to Big Frank on his day, and what better way then the day his number is retired (In comes Manny).

Stealing Big Franks Thunder!!

Edited by soxfan-kwman

Update from nightengale, kindA:

BNightengale #mlb #dodgers Intriguing to see if Manny is in the lineup tonight against the Rockies. If not, Dodgers may be saying he's no longer wanted.

13 minutes ago

BNightengale #mlb #dodgers #whitesox Manny Ramirez has told friends that he will NOT require the White Sox to extend his contract if he's traded.,

21 minutes ago

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
I'm getting nervous now. I have a feeling the trade may not happen. Worse, I'm not sure KW will make any moves. Another arm for the bullpen would be nice right about now.

In most trade cases I'd say the longer it goes on the worse of a chance it is, but not with waivers. I'm fairly confident we will acquire him, I think the dodgers just want to act like they still care about winning and not the owners divorce.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
In most trade cases I'd say the longer it goes on the worse of a chance it is, but not with waivers. I'm fairly confident we will acquire him, I think the dodgers just want to act like they still care about winning and not the owners divorce.

This ^ and they want to drop all the dollars on KW who doesn't want to take on the full $4M.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
If all the Dodgers wanted was to drop all the dollars on KW, Manny would have been in the White Sox lineup tonight already.

Reinsdorf is not gonna take on $1M for 5 weeks and then pay $3M next year for a player not even on the roster.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
Some fan you are. You were saying before last night's game that we would lose and Freddy had no chance. Why bother watching and coming in here with all of your negativity?

I'll have to get over my reverse jinx stuff. Whenever I am bitterly negative we win.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Reinsdorf is not gonna take on $1M for 5 weeks and then pay $3M next year for a player not even on the roster.

Uh we already claimed him, so you're wrong.. if the Dodgers say LOLz enjoy Manny, Reinsdorf is paying all of that..

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
I'm getting nervous now. I have a feeling the trade may not happen. Worse, I'm not sure KW will make any moves. Another arm for the bullpen would be nice right about now.

You'll have a hard time convincing many Sox fans who believe Manny's bat will compensate for that.

I don't trust Kenny making a deal right now. What will he give up for something that in no way makes this team an automatic to win the division?

There is another GM involved in this deal. He probably will ask more than most of us think.

In the minority here, but, even though I live in Colorado & the Rox are my (distant) second favorite team, I am hoping the Dodgers keep winning. I want them to decide Manny is an integral part of their pursuit of the wild card. Quitter & unrepentant cheater. Isn't he a Boras client too? Yuck.

Edited by bobryansson

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
In the minority here, but, even though I live in Colorado & the Rox are my (distant) second favorite team, I am hoping the Dodgers keep winning. I want them to decide Manny is an integral part of their pursuit of the wild card. Quitter & unrepentant cheater. Isn't he a Boras client too? Yuck.

What does that have to do with anything? We're not looking to sign a long term deal with him. It's a rental for 2010.

So let me get this straight, a guy his current HOF manager says is not ready to hit good pitching so he sits down is precisely the man that will lead the White Sox to the promised land?

Personally I think Joe and the Dodgers probably think Manny will blow a calf or something if he plays the field right now. Its a real tricky situation for the Sox. They may get Manny, but it may not be for very long.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
So let me get this straight, a guy his current HOF manager says is not ready to hit good pitching so he sits down is precisely the man that will lead the White Sox to the promised land?

Personally I think Joe and the Dodgers probably think Manny will blow a calf or something if he plays the field right now. Its a real tricky situation for the Sox. They may get Manny, but it may not be for very long.

Didn't he just hit a couple of doubles his last night playing? Sounds like a smokescreen to me.