August White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
Is anyone else really getting tired of Hawk as of late? He can't judge the distance of a fly ball at all anymore. Every semi-deep fly ball, he's yelling "stretch, stretch" and then "dagummit". Last night, he was talking so highly of Mauer you'd have thought he was his son. Every time there's a chance that a double play may get broken up and it doesn't he's grouching "dagummit".

How did he react to Thome's HR last night?

I think he sounds like a frustrated fan of the team. I'll take that vs some indifferent retard with a high pitched squeal.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
Is anyone else really getting tired of Hawk as of late? He can't judge the distance of a fly ball at all anymore. Every semi-deep fly ball, he's yelling "stretch, stretch" and then "dagummit". Last night, he was talking so highly of Mauer you'd have thought he was his son. Every time there's a chance that a double play may get broken up and it doesn't he's grouching "dagummit".

How did he react to Thome's HR last night?

I especially hate the impassioned version of "dagummit." He really yells and stresses the "dag" and quickly mutters the "gummit."

DAGgummit

So has everyone gave up on the season already?

41 games to go (without tonights game), we need '31-10' kind of run after we beat the Twinkies tonight, to win this division. (97 wins takes it? if not I tip my cap)

SOX:

3 at KC

3 vs BAL

3 vs NYY

3 at CLE

3 at BOS

4 at DET

3 vs KC

3 vs MIN

3 vs DET

3 at OAK

3 at LAA

4 vs BOS

3 vs CLE

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 07:34 AM)
So has everyone gave up on the season already?

41 games to go (without tonights game), we need '31-10' kind of run after we beat the Twinkies tonight, to win this division. (97 wins takes it? if not I tip my cap)

SOX:

3 at KC

3 vs BAL

3 vs NYY

3 at CLE

3 at BOS

4 at DET

3 vs KC

3 vs MIN

3 vs DET

3 at OAK

3 at LAA

4 vs BOS

3 vs CLE

If we can somehow win tonight, we're 4 back with about 6 weeks to play, and we will have a team that knows they can beat Minny in Minny even when they are red f***ing hot. Twins will not stay this hot the rest of the season, they are on a run like the Sox had earlier, and its not sustainable. We don't need a 31-10 run.

But, we need to win tonight. Getting swept is not only a 2 game swing from here, it would also be crushing mentally.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
we will have a team that knows they can beat Minny in Minny even when they are red f***ing hot.

Wha? Taking 1 of 3 in Minny will teach them that they can win in Minny? Taking 2 of 3 in Minny didn't teach them that earlier this year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
You seriously don't see a difference in winning tonight versus getting swept?

On paper there is between 6 back and 4 back...but mentally, I think they're flat out cooked. They had their run and now they're back to where they were in May, with suddenly everyone's confidence broken, no belief that they can hold a lead/win, and Ozzie going off like crazy about everything and everyone other than the team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 08:09 AM)
On paper there is between 6 back and 4 back...but mentally, I think they're flat out cooked. They had their run and now they're back to where they were in May, with suddenly everyone's confidence broken, no belief that they can hold a lead/win, and Ozzie going off like crazy about everything and everyone other than the team.

Disagree. Mentally, winning tonight then moving on, would be a far better place to be then getting swept. Looking at the way they played the last couple games, this team still has fight in it. That might not be enough, I don't know, but if they win tonight, they are far from cooked.

Just in case this gets buried in the waiver wire thread I want everyone to see this.

2nd half:

Laroche: 8 HR 22 RBI .317/.360/.579/.940

Rios: 2 HR 19 RBI .264/.290/.349/.639

Why are we not trying to get this guy to replace Kotsay as the lefty DH and backup to Paulie???? Someone in the game thread last night with inside information stated we had no interest in this guy and I am floored as to why.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 03:37 AM)
So double header tonight, any word on who starts the second game? How does it affect our rotation schedule, should we worry?

No word from what I can see. I hope that Freddy can go 6-7 strong in Game 1 otherwise it could be really devastating. This may be a good time to start Sale out there for 3-4 innings, then Pena for the same in game 2 if we cannot call anyone up.

Send down Kotsay and bring up Harrel or Torres.

On a side note, didn't anyone on our side realize there was a very slim chance of getting last night's game in? Shouldn't they have just warmed up Pena and given him the start? Seems like a huge blunder to let Jackson warm up and pitch to a batter knowing that a huge storm was coming that would last several hours. We can't be giving up a guy in the rotation like that in the middle of a pennant race.