The Good News is.....

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
I am not worried about our starters at all. Im getting worried about the pen. The have been scuffling and losing leads late this past week. Putz the last 2 days and in Baltamore for example. We can't be losing these late leads going into the stretch here. . On a bright note Chris Sale has been looking really good!

Can't win if you don't score runs.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
Liriano did not pitch in the playoffs in 2006. In fact, he pitched a total of 6 innings in August and September.

I meant in the sense that they had two of the arguably 3-5 best pitchers in baseball (when healthy) that season.

There's they charge back into the race without Liriano's dominant stretch of pitching.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 06:05 PM)
the sad part for me is that i'll continue to hold out hope for some reason that we'll be able to make up that 5-6 games that we'll be down by that time even though it looks like the month of September will be a nightmare for us

Sept 1- @ Cleveland

3-5 @ Boston

6-9th @ Detroit

10-12 vs KC

14-16 vs TWINKIES

17-19 vs Detroit

20-22 @ Oakland

24-26 @ Angels

27-30 vs Boston

tough month for us coming up...

Sweep them. The team shall be lifted by the mighty shoulders of Dayan Viciedo.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 12:08 AM)
The real good news is we have no excuses this Twins series. Our 2 best pitchers and a solid Buehrle are goin. No lost Garcia s***box game. Its up to the offense, Serg, Thorndog and Sale.

What about Putz? If he's not hurt, he'll probably be closing if we somehow have a lead in the ninth.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
No one else besides me thinks we sweep this series?

Trust me...Ozzie will have this team ready to play!

I laughed out loud here. Ozzie hasn't had this team ready to play much this season. He's been too busy trying to get Kotsay as many at bats as possible.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
What about Putz? If he's not hurt, he'll probably be closing if we somehow have a lead in the ninth.

And based on hit perfomance as of late, he may blow another save. The offense needs to make sure the Sox are up by 4 or so going into the ninth.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 02:22 AM)
I laughed out loud here. Ozzie hasn't had this team ready to play much this season. He's been too busy trying to get Kotsay as many at bats as possible.

I didn't laugh. He had them "ready" during the 25-5 stretch. That's a lot of games.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)

f*** that. I don't want to see him there again, s*** I don't want to see him in the 8th. I only want to see Sale, Thornton and Serg.

Man oh man!

You guys have no faith, no patience, no confidence, no belief whatsoever after a few rough weeks in a 5 month season...

It was only 5-6 weeks ago that that very same Minnesota Twins team could hardly buy a win and we were on fire. Now it seems to me that they have pretty much the same group of guys, and we have pretty much the same group of guys...and yet, there is no way we can beat them? We're going to get swept with Danks/Floyd/Buehrle going?

I understand we all have a right to be pissed, and if you guys want to argue that this Twins team is better than us for one reason or another, I'm not going to try and change your mind too badly. But I've been watching this argument evolve since late April and I really haven't seen too much that convinces me that you guys aren't just living and dying with every game and every series...

This is going down to the wire...nothing is going to be settled in this series in Minnesota.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 01:19 AM)
Man oh man!

You guys have no faith, no patience, no confidence, no belief whatsoever after a few rough weeks in a 5 month season...

It was only 5-6 weeks ago that that very same Minnesota Twins team could hardly buy a win and we were on fire. Now it seems to me that they have pretty much the same group of guys, and we have pretty much the same group of guys...and yet, there is no way we can beat them? We're going to get swept with Danks/Floyd/Buehrle going?

I understand we all have a right to be pissed, and if you guys want to argue that this Twins team is better than us for one reason or another, I'm not going to try and change your mind too badly. But I've been watching this argument evolve since late April and I really haven't seen too much that convinces me that you guys aren't just living and dying with every game and every series...

This is going down to the wire...nothing is going to be settled in this series in Minnesota.

This. I'm definitely in your camp. We've been a bit rattled this past week but a good win in the first game will get the confidence back. If we can get clicking and put up a solid win, I have confidence that we can take at least 2. Granted this first game is very important in getting their stride back (as someone else pointed out). This first game of the series is the momentum-setter; win here and I believe our guys will snap out of this Minnesota fear and play like they did in July. Here's to a new streak!

Rebuttal to the last two posts.

-- We don't beat teams in our division on the road.

-- The Twins won 3 of 4 in Minnesota and 2 of 3 in Chicago. It's time they go in for the kill, that is, a 6 game lead. This time they have the upper hand going in. When's the last time we rebuffed them? In the 1 game playoff ... in our park.

-- Thome. He has more damage planned against us.

-- Bullpen. Even if we play a good game up til the 7th ... yikes.

-- No bats. Twins pitchers have been on fire. Our guys look dead again.

It ain't our year.

That said, I sure as f*** hope I'm wrong. I'm thinking Minnie sweep. If we get one, that's all we get. It's another freak year for the White Sox I'm afraid. Horrible start, amazing streak where we won every night for week after week, then ... blah, over with in a 2 week span.

Sure hope I eat these words; but "going into" this series I think it's an accurate assessment. As of this exact moment, can any of you effectively counter my point?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 02:03 AM)
Rebuttal to the last two posts.

-- We don't beat teams in our division on the road.

-- The Twins won 3 of 4 in Minnesota and 2 of 3 in Chicago. It's time they go in for the kill, that is, a 6 game lead. This time they have the upper hand going in. When's the last time we rebuffed them? In the 1 game playoff ... in our park.

-- Thome. He has more damage planned against us.

-- Bullpen. Even if we play a good game up til the 7th ... yikes.

-- No bats. Twins pitchers have been on fire. Our guys look dead again.

It ain't our year.

That said, I sure as f*** hope I'm wrong. I'm thinking Minnie sweep. If we get one, that's all we get. It's another freak year for the White Sox I'm afraid. Horrible start, amazing streak where we won every night for week after week, then ... blah, over with in a 2 week span.

Sure hope I eat these words; but "going into" this series I think it's an accurate assessment. As of this exact moment, can any of you effectively counter my point?

The Sox have scored 8 runs in 2 of the last 3 games and at least 6 runs in 4 of the last 6.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 07:36 AM)
Meh. They are the 5th best team in the AL and I don't see them passing up the top 4 anytime this season.

If they do make it, I'll be rooting for the yanks in TWO (lol) again like last year. I hate the twins more than I hate the yanks... and I REALLY hate the yanks.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
We have a 3 game series upcoming with the Twins. We'll be back on top the division Thursday around 10pm. Who with me?

There is no doubt we can do it if the players step up. We should have great pitching lined up and that is what really counts

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 02:11 AM)

Putz has pride as all our guys do and he will be ready. He and Thornton should be rested enough with Monday off

Edited by elrockinMT