Sox @ Royals, Sox @ Royals, 8/21 x 2

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
First one to tell me why Garcia was allowed to let the tying run come to the plate . . . gets a big 'ol prize!

It's all part of the Venezuelan brotherhood they share. You wouldn't understand.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:43 AM)
His stuff has varied from outing to outing this season. That's the problem. His sinker was on tonight and he was unlucky to not get Aviles out. To blame Bobby is poor considering the 5-1 lead that was blown in the 7th.

It was a terrible pitch to throw to Bettancourt. It was right in his wheelhouse. I don't care if Jenks has tough luck come his way, etc. anymore. Plain and simple, he needs to do his job and he's f***ing failing big time.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:37 AM)
have a nice summer guys. congrats to MN, once again they proved they are simply a better baseball organization. hope they can find a way to beat NY and represent the ALC

Unfortunately, I have to agree. This guy's checking out of the 2010 White Sox season, I simply can't waste anymore time watching this pile of crap night in/night out against both inferior opponents and those teams worthy of capturing the 2010 World Series trophy such as the Twins, Yankees and Rangers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
I'm waiting for the inevitable criticism by Ozzie about Sale.

No criticism. Our entire pen has pretty much sucked for the month of August. You can't keep blowing late leads like this. I wonder how many games we have blown late in the month of August thus far. It has to be around 6 or 7.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 02:49 AM)
No criticism. Our entire pen has pretty much sucked for the month of August. You can't keep blowing late leads like this. I wonder how many games we have blown late in the month of August thus far. It has to be around 6 or 7.

We've lost 7 times in a month in the opposition's last AB.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
My post was baseball stupid anyway, and I deleted it. I forgot, in the 101 mph pitch glory, that Sale has the Prior-Strasburg delivery, and I said that Strasburg was going to blow out his arm within the first 2 years of him starting, and by the accounts posted from member of WSI who watched the Nationals game, Strasburg was removed from the game after throwing a pitch holding his elbow in severe pain. If Sale really throws 100 mph, he'll blow out his elbow too. We might be better off using Sale as trade bait after he's proven he can get major league hitters out as a starter for half a season. IMO pitchers with that delivery are ticking time bombs. I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but Prior and now Strasburg have proven that that delivery is just too stressful on a human shoulder and elbow. I saw 101 mph and logic flew out the window.

Sale does have suspect mechanics but he has the inverted W for far less time than Strasburg or Prior. I wouldn't be surprised if he injures his shoulder, but I'd give it a while.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 02:51 AM)
Man Gregg will be crying because you are talking about how fat Bobby is instead of how "Great" he is.....

Greg HATES Kansas City, so I'm sure he's not too happy right now. However, he's just waiting for someone else to not blame Jenks, and then he'll say that's a great post.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
Yes, Hawk is starting to say this when a Sox hitter gets to a full count.

Hawk is Ron Santo with a better 100 yard dash time.

1.) The minute the ball goes into the air you are getting a stretch out of the Hawk. Like he is calling to the four corners of the earth to help him will the ball over the fence.

2.) He has started openly making comments for the other team to have a misplay. This is just stupid. This is no different that watching the uuber mom at the 12 year old Allstar game calling for some kid to drop the popup so that her kid can have some 10 seconds of glory.

3.) He needs to locate and then harp on some mythical reason that the sox lost. All umpires are openly trying to cause the sox to fail, the weather, a bounce, luck, the mascot farting. Anything but the game on the field and the players involved.

4.) Blame can never be placed on any person in a position of power with the sox. He will first locate whatever rookie he can, because its obviously their fault. Then latin players culminating to the last to be blamed AJ. His golden child. Then its back other mythical reasons that the play wasnt made.

You get a robot, and a few MP3s of the Hawk and I can write a logic loop around it and you won't know that he wasnt there.