Angels place several on waivers...

RudyLawRules

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Abreu would be a decent fit for this season, but his contract is a lot next year considering the other contracts we'll have.

If he cleared and LAA took on some of his contract, he would be a nice addition to the club. But before you even consider that, you have to explore every possibility in regards to Manny.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
Honestly, I'd claim Napoli and Fuentes.

If the sox org. wasn't so attached to A.J. (and need for LH hitting), I would love Naps. He's got having a great season (not his usual walk rate, more strikeouts than usual, lower average etc..) but his power is very real and is still only 28. This is a move you make more-so next year as your replacement for A.J. (also is still arb eligible till 2013) This is the guy Tyler Flowers is projected to be, though I would love to see Tyler get a shot at the minimum as well. (might not give you average, but much better OBP. I wanna see him pick it up alittle bit down the stretch for the Knights though to be sold) With all that being said however, the Angels probably won't deal him.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
If the sox org. wasn't so attached to A.J. (and need for LH hitting), I would love Naps. He's got having a great season (not his usual walk rate, more strikeouts than usual, lower average etc..) but his power is very real and is still only 28. This is a move you make more-so next year as your replacement for A.J. (also is still arb eligible till 2013) This is the guy Tyler Flowers is projected to be, though I would love to see Tyler get a shot at the minimum as well. (might not give you average, but much better OBP. I wanna see him pick it up alittle bit down the stretch for the Knights though to be sold) With all that being said however, the Angels probably won't deal him.

There is no way they let Napoli walk.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
He would be a good option if Manny doesn't come our way, but we have to work quickly on one of the other

Not really. If Abreu passes through waivers (which seems likely that he did, considering the financial commitment to him next season), the Sox can make a deal with Anaheim any time between now and August 31st.