Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Main Event has already been set for Wrestlemania 28

Im thinking that Vince was creeping on the Soxtalk boards and set this up to keep Brian and Critic around for another year.. thats just my guess

Speaking of Mania 28, how would you guys feel if the card turned out something like

Rock vs Cena

Miz vs Austin

Undertaker vs Goldberg/Lesnar

I could see WWE trying to make Undertakers last hurrah something grand.. Say they entice Goldberg or Lesnar to come back for one more match with the premise that its the last time someone has a chance to take out the streak? Ide think a Goldberg/Lesnar opponent would be a huge draw..

And then of coarse with Rock/Cena already set, that's going to be big enough right there.. If you can get Austin to sign on too for one more go, man, that would be a gigantic draw.. what if they can convince Sting this time around to try his hand at doing something no one has been able to do before?

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 02:34 AM)
Im thinking that Vince was creeping on the Soxtalk boards and set this up to keep Brian and Critic around for another year.. thats just my guess

That's not working on me. I didn't even watch Raw last night.

A full year of part-time buildup for Rock/Cena? Not interested.

If they're going to do this, do it at SummerSlam and get it over with.

I'm not going to officially "quit" watching wrestling (unless the inspiration hits for a farewell "promo", of course), but I barely watch at all anymore - I check the results online instead. I rarely feel like I missed anything, and Mania was no exception.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 02:59 AM)
That's not working on me. I didn't even watch Raw last night.

A full year of part-time buildup for Rock/Cena? Not interested.

If they're going to do this, do it at SummerSlam and get it over with.

I'm not going to officially "quit" watching wrestling (unless the inspiration hits for a farewell "promo", of course), but I barely watch at all anymore - I check the results online instead. I rarely feel like I missed anything, and Mania was no exception.

This is the path I will take. I fell asleep around 9 last night and will check out some of the videos on wwe.com later.

I'm interested to see how they do a year build up. My guess is we don't see Rock until Rumble next year or something and until then the announcers will shove it down our throats.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
I am growing tired of Undertaker winning at WM then disappears for the next 6 months, time to give the spot to full time younger guy.

I'm guessing next year is it for him. 20-0. Nice and even.

Anyone who watched Tough Enough knows what this is.

mbubkz.gif

My buddy from FCW knows most of the kids on TE. Thinks it is awful they picked that bunch. He was a finalist for the show but passed on him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Anyone who watched Tough Enough knows what this is.

mbubkz.gif

My buddy from FCW knows most of the kids on TE. Thinks it is awful they picked that bunch. He was a finalist for the show but passed on him.

I loved TE back in the day and watched the first episode on Monday, it was enjoyable.

With nothing on tv, I still had mania on the DVr so went through and watched a couple of things again.

While watching on Sunday with my buddy we talked the whole time and didn't give it our definitive attention.

Going thru, the show was not as bad as I made it out to be. Cody and Rey I thought was good and trips and taker was fun with the false finishes. Do wish they gave punk and Orton more time though.

Hope they do not do hhh and taker again next year though.

Read that Morrison and Stratus didn't get along very well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
With nothing on tv, I still had mania on the DVr so went through and watched a couple of things again.

While watching on Sunday with my buddy we talked the whole time and didn't give it our definitive attention.

Going thru, the show was not as bad as I made it out to be. Cody and Rey I thought was good and trips and taker was fun with the false finishes. Do wish they gave punk and Orton more time though.

Hope they do not do hhh and taker again next year though.

Read that Morrison and Stratus didn't get along very well.

Im glad you went back and re-watched it, I thought the Cody/Rey match was a really good one..

Taker/HHH I also really enjoyed.. it wasn't just a spot fest and it was more-so them telling a story in there about how brutal it is to try and take out the Undertaker.. My favorite part was Trips grabbing the equalizer and then not having enough left in him to use it when he was in Hells Gate.. I thought it was a fitting end even though I wasn't too thrilled with a tap out finish

Below is WWE's official announcement on Edge retiring from their website:

Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns.

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI in Atlanta last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.

Word is that this is legit and not a storyline. Too bad, Edge was one of the more interesting performers more often than not.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)
Below is WWE's official announcement on Edge retiring from their website:

Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns.

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI in Atlanta last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.

Word is that this is legit and not a storyline. Too bad, Edge was one of the more interesting performers more often than not.

Oh this is definitely legit

And very unfortunate

Pretty sad day for me hearing this.

Not really much of a Wrestling fan anymore, but Edge has been my favourite ever since he was in the Brood, and I've basically followed his career pretty closely from that point onwards.

There was a rumor about a month ago that he was going to retire, but that was going to be at Wrestlemania next year, so obviously that plan went out at the door when he saw the surgeon again.

I wasn't sure for a while if he was ever going to get over the hump, but what he did with Lita was actually the best thing he did for his career. It gave him massive heat as a heel, and became the top guy on Smackdown from about 05-06 onwards.

I'm glad he's giving it away now before something really bad happens injury wise. Reading a few pieces today, it sounded like WWE's plan was to turn Christian heel at WM and have him feud with Edge, but that wasn't able to happen.

My guess is they'll have Del Rio vs Christian at Extreme Rules for the title.

There is a video on Youtube that is a handheld video footage of after SD going off the air for Edge. All the superstars come out and hug him while his music is playing but HHH comes out when his own music hits. Was out of place. Why couldn't he just walk out with everyone else?