2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
last 2 or 3 episodes of boardwalk empire have been fantastic IMO

All of the shows I watch on Sundays were awesome last night. I'm actually pretty glad that Eastbound & Down is done because it makes the rest of my schedule work so much better. I still watch Fox's two-hour block from 7-9 (I know it's not nearly as good as it used to be, but it's still something I enjoy). I then watch Walking Dead at 9, Dexter at 10, and Boardwalk Empire at 11.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
All of the shows I watch on Sundays were awesome last night. I'm actually pretty glad that Eastbound & Down is done because it makes the rest of my schedule work so much better. I still watch Fox's two-hour block from 7-9 (I know it's not nearly as good as it used to be, but it's still something I enjoy). I then watch Walking Dead at 9, Dexter at 10, and Boardwalk Empire at 11.

Your eyes must hurt.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
I don't know if anyone else watches but has there ever been a more unlikeable cast on Hell's Kitchen?? I honestly don't think any one of them left is a particularly good chef and none are charismatic in the least.

This group of stiffs and planted actors, with the occasional real chef or 2, is an abomination to the show. I guess they just gave up on real chef talent, and brought in more people to keep the entertainment value up.

I mean really, Sabrina? that person wouldn't have made it past opening week in the old HK.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
Your eyes must hurt.

I know. I don't watch anywhere near as much TV as that would suggest, but Sundays are just ridiculous. During the week, the only shows I watch religiously are SOA and It's Always Sunny. I refuse to watch Terriers (which I've heard only great things about) just because I don't want to have that many shows I can't miss.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
This group of stiffs and planted actors, with the occasional real chef or 2, is an abomination to the show. I guess they just gave up on real chef talent, and brought in more people to keep the entertainment value up.

I mean really, Sabrina? that person wouldn't have made it past opening week in the old HK.

Yeah, honestly this has been by far the lowest quality of chefs they have had on the show and not one is the least bit likeable. If you are going to have s***ty chefs at least make them good looking...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
I know. I don't watch anywhere near as much TV as that would suggest, but Sundays are just ridiculous. During the week, the only shows I watch religiously are SOA and It's Always Sunny. I refuse to watch Terriers (which I've heard only great things about) just because I don't want to have that many shows I can't miss.

DVR! Terriers is a can't miss for me. Well, you could wait until the DVDs come out.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
Yeah Hell Kitchen cast has been weak, but I still enjoy the show.

Also The Event has been pretty solid, havent heard many people talk about it.

I'm watching it, but I'm 3 episodes behind on my DVR. I think it's pretty good, but it hasn't quite blown me away yet. I will stick with it. I just hope it doesn't go thet way of Flash Forward.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
I'm watching it, but I'm 3 episodes behind on my DVR. I think it's pretty good, but it hasn't quite blown me away yet. I will stick with it. I just hope it doesn't go thet way of Flash Forward.

I'm watching it too. I like it. And I don't think it will be cancelled like FlashForward because the ratings for it have been pretty good. I think it gets at least another season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
That's not the problem. I just don't want to watch that much TV. I like to spend the free time I have (in the home) on movies.

Terriers is a show you should ditch other shows to make room for.

No matter what they do in the final episode, this season of SOA has been quite a disappointment. The only part I really liked about tonight's episode was the priest sacrificing himself. Other than that, they came up with a very convenient way to get Jimmy O back to America where they can hand him over to the ATF. I like the fact that he's still in the show, but that was just weak.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)

the hell you say

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 03:32 AM)
Anyone else think Dexter is just same s*** season after season, I loved the show but season 5 is just mediocre for me.. still watch it but meh.

Nope, still love it. Especially Peter Weller

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 04:32 AM)
Anyone else think Dexter is just same s*** season after season, I loved the show but season 5 is just mediocre for me.. still watch it but meh.

They are making this season just different enough to work. But honestly, they need to wrap it up soon. Next season should be the last one.