Revival of Sox Supporters Game (10/1)

Night Train Veeck

:gosoxretro:

Ladies and Gentlemen, The time is nearing! Tomorrow is the trial run for the revival of the Sox Supporters. Things have been going well in drumming up people to come, and thanks to those that have emailed me with all of their ideas, and thoughts to make this great!

For anyone else interested that hasn't heard already, here is the link to the tickets. Just use the code "support" and you are good to go! https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/go.htmI?l...646&g=69349

If anyone has any other questions, please let me know, and I would be happy to answer any. We have some banners and flags coming over from Section 8, and the Brigade and feel free to bring any of your own to contribute.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow! :gosoxretro:

Well, North Side, ya beat me to it...I don't know where these "rules" are but I sure haven't seen em :)

You should follow the real Sox fan rules, and come on out, and support em! Besides, a little late after elimination, they aren't sucking at all! So head on out! Worse comes to worse you have a a few beers, have a little fun and get out to a game for half price!

Am I going to be able to shake the notorious North Sides hand?!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
Sox fan rules?

Sounds like fair weather fan rules to me. The Sox are my team, good or bad.

More of a logical business choice to me. You wouldnt pay $$ to go see bad movies would you. Put a good show on, show us a quality product and Ill spend my $$ on your tickets. Put a crappy show and team out there, no saying I wont support or be a fan, but I have no reason to spend my limited entertainment $$ on you then. Thats a good fans motto, something that doesn't exist on the Northside.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
More of a logical business choice to me. You wouldnt pay $$ to go see bad movies would you. Put a good show on, show us a quality product and Ill spend my $$ on your tickets. Put a crappy show and team out there, no saying I wont support or be a fan, but I have no reason to spend my limited entertainment $$ on you then. Thats a good fans motto, something that doesn't exist on the Northside.

you do realize that it's the same team that went 26-4 in one stretch, and was 4 games ahead at one point in the season, and they are playing some of their best baseball again right now.

QUOTE (Night Train Veeck @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
Then you should come over and join in! Love to have ya next year! Shoot me your email address and ill keep ya posted.

unfortunately, this will be my first/only game this year in the 500 level, with "no access" to the 100 level. If I can manage to scoot by the 100 level guard, I'll come check it all out. I'll PM you my email so you can keep me updated next season.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)

The problem with that analogy is you know in advance what the movie will be like. The movie results do not change from day to day. With a sporting event, you do not know if it will be a good or bad game. Heading out to the ballpark to watch baseball is a good show. If you judge the experience by the team winning or not, then you would never go because you do not know the results before the game. Even two last place MLB teams put on a damn fine movie show.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
The problem with that analogy is you know in advance what the movie will be like. The movie results do not change from day to day. With a sporting event, you do not know if it will be a good or bad game. Heading out to the ballpark to watch baseball is a good show. If you judge the experience by the team winning or not, then you would never go because you do not know the results before the game. Even two last place MLB teams put on a damn fine movie show.

Well said, Tex.

Hey everyone!

First off, I'd like to thank everybody for their ideas and support in making the debut of the Sox Supporters great! It went really well! We had flags, drums, banners, got solid TV time, and stadium shot time also! Just under 70 people showed up! I have some pictures that are currently in the works, so I will post them when I get them in my hands. The flags and chants were in full force, and the whole crowd was wondering what was going on...it was perfect! Next, I wanted to let everyone know that I believe they are working on really getting this thing going for next year, so keep it tucked in the back pocket, and keep the ideas coming. I have a few tweaks and things written down for experiencing it, and they really want to work with people on this, so it can be great!

Thanks again, everyone, and I hope that even more people head out next time!

QUOTE (Night Train Veeck @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
Hey everyone!

First off, I'd like to thank everybody for their ideas and support in making the debut of the Sox Supporters great! It went really well! We had flags, drums, banners, got solid TV time, and stadium shot time also! Just under 70 people showed up! I have some pictures that are currently in the works, so I will post them when I get them in my hands. The flags and chants were in full force, and the whole crowd was wondering what was going on...it was perfect! Next, I wanted to let everyone know that I believe they are working on really getting this thing going for next year, so keep it tucked in the back pocket, and keep the ideas coming. I have a few tweaks and things written down for experiencing it, and they really want to work with people on this, so it can be great!

Thanks again, everyone, and I hope that even more people head out next time!

This is pretty awesome. I definitely want to get involved next year.

:headbang