2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Ide be interested to see these comments I made as I don't remember being a dickhole in any of them.. the only thing I did was say that I liked the Heat and would be following them as my team now.. I wasn't talking s*** to anyone.. and me saying "well that sucked" isn't a "hater" statement.. believe it or not, not everyone hates the Heat.. why don't you get off the sour grapes of the Heat wiping their ass with the Bulls and relax

So you bandwagoned when the Heat got Bosh and LeBron?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
I now realize how weak the eastern conference really is. The Mavs totally exposed the Heat as frauds.

Not really true at all. The Heat blew a 15 pt lead that would have put them up 2-0 and basically guaranteed them the championship and then blew a late 9 pt lead in game 4 which again would have basically guaranteed them the championship. The Heat didn't close and Spoelstra is an atrocious basketball coach so he never made any adjustments which is why they aren't the champs.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Ide be interested to see these comments I made as I don't remember being a dickhole in any of them.. the only thing I did was say that I liked the Heat and would be following them as my team now.. I wasn't talking s*** to anyone.. and me saying "well that sucked" isn't a "hater" statement.. believe it or not, not everyone hates the Heat.. why don't you get off the sour grapes of the Heat wiping their ass with the Bulls and relax

Dude, relax. I'm just messing with you.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Dude, relax. I'm just messing with you.

Thats fine then, but I thought you were being legit which made no sense to me as I didn't say anything that deserved the responses I was getting from you..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
I'll give you Julius. Though his best years were clearly in the ABA. Gervin and King couldn't spell defense, let alone play any. Alex English is another 1-way SF that comes to mind. There weren't many defensive studs that played SF in the 80's.

There aren't exactly a ton of elite defensive big men right now. Dirk had Udonis Haslem and Chris Bosh on him the entire series.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
So you bandwagoned when the Heat got Bosh and LeBron?

No. First of all, its hard to be a bandwagon fan before any games have been played.. secondly as I already explained during last summer, I am not a huge NBA fan and have really never had a favorite team outside of following the Bulls when they had Jordan due to my mom and being from Chicago and then following Orlando when they had Shaq and Penny.. I already liked LeBron and Wade as individual players as it is..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Thats fine then, but I thought you were being legit which made no sense to me as I didn't say anything that deserved the responses I was getting from you..

I just remember you all over the LeBron thing. Oh well. I'll go WAAAH now. :D

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
No. First of all, its hard to be a bandwagon fan before any games have been played.. secondly as I already explained during last summer, I am not a huge NBA fan and have really never had a favorite team outside of following the Bulls when they had Jordan due to my mom and being from Chicago and then following Orlando when they had Shaq and Penny.. I already liked LeBron and Wade as individual players as it is..

GMAB, tru. You jumped on the Heat bandwagon like Oprah jumped on those corn dogs during one of her recent shows. You had that avatar of the Heat 'celebration' the day after the Decision. You never talked about or made it known you were a Heat fan before that.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
I just remember you all over the LeBron thing. Oh well. I'll go WAAAH now. :D

Thats because I WAS all over it, but I was never talking s*** to anyone about it.. you guys act like they aren't gonna be back..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
GMAB, tru. You jumped on the Heat bandwagon like Oprah jumped on those corn dogs during one of her recent shows. You had that avatar of the Heat 'celebration' the day after the Decision. You never talked about or made it known you were a Heat fan before that.

Yeah, im pretty sure i JUST explained that I decided to follow the Heat once LeBron and Co. signed up there.. and the Heat SIGNATURE that I had was because they had the jerseys lined up to say "3:16" which, as a wrestling fan, I liked..

I don't really care if you think I bandwagoned the Heat.. You act like I was a diehard Celtics fan and all of the sudden switched to Miami.. I already told you, im not a huge NBA fan.. I like certain players more than I like actual teams

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Yeah, im pretty sure i JUST explained that I decided to follow the Heat once LeBron and Co. signed up there.. and the Heat SIGNATURE that I had was because they had the jerseys lined up to say "3:16" which, as a wrestling fan, I liked..

I don't really care if you think I bandwagoned the Heat.. You act like I was a diehard Celtics fan and all of the sudden switched to Miami.. I already told you, im not a huge NBA fan.. I like certain players more than I like actual teams

You can't catch too much grief for being a Heat fan. There's only like 10 of us in the world now.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
You can't catch too much grief for being a Heat fan. There's only like 10 of us in the world now.

Apparently, I like how its being made to appear ive been posting in this thread all year trashing everything non Heat.. And just for the record so J4L can make a mental note of this.. I like the Colorado Avalanche, all Illini sports, and Kansas State football.. outside of the obvious White Sox and Dolphins.. I can name other sports related things im a fan of too just in case you see me mention a team that I neglected to list..

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)

I liked how the Heat "fans" started walking out with like 3:00 minutes left. Especially the people in the lower bowl --- how much did they pay for those seats?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)

So before Jordan came into the league, were you a Celtics or Lakers fan?

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
I liked how the Heat "fans" started walking out with like 3:00 minutes left. Especially the people in the lower bowl --- how much did they pay for those seats?

They were simply taking their talents to South Beach.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
So before Jordan came into the league, were you a Celtics or Lakers fan?

well, I was born in 84 so before Jordan came into the league I was living in my dads nut sack and wasn't a fan of any teams

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
Aside from ditching Spoelstra for a legit head coach, what you would like to see Miami do in the offseason to improve their team?

They need to somehow find legit talent for the bench, one guy that can come in and average 10 ppg. Playing an expired Mike Bibby, Eddy House, Juwan Howard, etc just isn't going to cut it.

They also need a legit talent at PG and C in the starting lineup. Outside of tonights abysmal game, Mario Chalmers started to make some progress. But he still got abused by JJ Barea all series long.

From what I can tell, Miami seems to have the 31st pick in the draft, so they might be able to add a legit talent to the rotation. I'm just hoping they somehow can end up with an athletic center that can defender, rebound, and not worry about having to score.

Edited by Palehosefan