2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 05:13 AM)
We're going to have our hands rather full with this guy should both teams make the finals. He creates a bevy of problems that no other player in the game does.

The nice thing is that both Jo and Asik have great footwork for big men to at least challenge that fadeaway.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 08:59 AM)
The nice thing is that both Jo and Asik have great footwork for big men to at least challenge that fadeaway.

Again, he's already seen similar or better players. You just have to pray he has an off game(s) at this point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
There really is no decent matchup for him. He's seen and torched Gerald Wallace, Nicolas Batum, Aldridge, Camby, Odom, Gasol, Ibaka, Perkins. There's really nothing we could throw at him that he hasn't seen. He's on a different level right now.

Thibs is going to do what he always does with guys like that. He lets them get theirs, and makes sure the other players are shut down. Players like Barea, Marion, and Terry should be shut down by the Bulls D(hopefully). Barea was eating Nate Robinson alive at the end of the game last night

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Thibs is going to do what he always does with guys like that. He lets them get theirs, and makes sure the other players are shut down. Players like Barea, Marion, and Terry should be shut down by the Bulls D(hopefully). Barea was eating Nate Robinson alive at the end of the game last night

Oh no doubt. I don't think Dirk could beat Chicago by himself. And yeah, that Barea is deceptively f***ing quick. But this is all wayyyyyyyy premature talk.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
Oh no doubt. I don't think Dirk could beat Chicago by himself. And yeah, that Barea is deceptively f***ing quick. But this is all wayyyyyyyy premature talk.

This is true, I was just commenting on an imagined scenario :)

Just unreal game by Dirk last night. Yeah, concur with J4L, if Ibaka, Durant, etc couldn't do anything (worse! they couldn't avoid fouling), then there is no "good" matchup for us.

That said. Game time hooah. Worried that the Heat are going to try and punch us in the mouth and we'll be game 4'd v atlanta. But I think this Bulls team knows what's at stake.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
Just unreal game by Dirk last night. Yeah, concur with J4L, if Ibaka, Durant, etc couldn't do anything (worse! they couldn't avoid fouling), then there is no "good" matchup for us.

That said. Game time hooah. Worried that the Heat are going to try and punch us in the mouth and we'll be game 4'd v atlanta. But I think this Bulls team knows what's at stake.

I agree, if the Bulls and Mavs make the final and Dirk has 4 all time great nights than the Bulls are in trouble.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
Again, he's already seen similar or better players. You just have to pray he has an off game(s) at this point.

For the record he was 6-16 for 19 pts in the second meeting, and 15-26 for 36 pts in the first meeting. The biggest way you can go after a guy like Dirk is on the defensive end. Make him expend energy down there, and try to draw fouls on him to get him off of the floor.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
For the record he was 6-16 for 19 pts in the second meeting, and 15-26 for 36 pts in the first meeting. The biggest way you can go after a guy like Dirk is on the defensive end. Make him expend energy down there, and try to draw fouls on him to get him off of the floor.

Looking at the box scores the lowest scoring game was without Noah and Boozer playing, and Kurt Thomas starting. Taj only had 19 minutes, and Asik also had 19 minutes.

The 36 point game was with Noah playing 40 minutes, and no time from Boozer or Thomas, with Asik playing 10 minutes.

If it happens, we might see some Kurt Thomas.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 07:03 AM)

You have to stop the other guys. Dirk's shot is pretty much unguardable at this point in his career. It is up to him whether he's gonna be good or bad. However, you can still play physical with him and try to do other things to get in his head.

Big game tonight!!!!

I hope the Bulls haven't bought into all the hype getting thrown around. This is a really good Miami team...alright, maybe not a good "team", but they are going to be a hard team to beat 4 times in a 7 game series with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh.

I am beyond nervous for this game. I see this as a Wade/LBJ "f*** you" game. I fear the refs are going to call the game more closely, allowing Wade/Lebron to attempt 25+ free throws and minimizing the Bulls' D. Hopefully i'm wrong.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 18, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
I am beyond nervous for this game. I see this as a Wade/LBJ "f*** you" game. I fear the refs are going to call the game more closely, allowing Wade/Lebron to attempt 25+ free throws and minimizing the Bulls' D. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Yeah, i do worry that the league will be like "those are reach in fouls, don't let those occur" and all the sudden we have to play off of james/wade.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Yeah, i do worry that the league will be like "those are reach in fouls, don't let those occur" and all the sudden we have to play off of james/wade.

You know that'll happen eventually, if not this game it will in Miami. They are going to start getting ALOT of calls.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
as long as rose does, as well (but frankly he has only gotten fair calls the first game of the pacers.)

The three headed whining machine for the Heat are just much better at selling the fouls.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
You have to stop the other guys. Dirk's shot is pretty much unguardable at this point in his career. It is up to him whether he's gonna be good or bad. However, you can still play physical with him and try to do other things to get in his head.

Agreed. Most teams with a superstar are actually worse when that player takes a ton of shots (this usually means the other players aren't doing much). The Bulls were usually much more beatable when MJ took a ton of shots, they are the same way with Rose. Again, this is probably symptomatic of the rest of the team doing very little, but if the Bulls can shut down Terry and Marion and Kidd, then Dirk can score 50 every game and it won't matter.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
I hope the Bulls haven't bought into all the hype getting thrown around. This is a really good Miami team...alright, maybe not a good "team", but they are going to be a hard team to beat 4 times in a 7 game series with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh.

If there's one thing I expect to see from this team, it's "Not believing the hype". A Mr. Thibodeau sold me on that when his response to a question after Game 1 involved the phrase "Well we still have some things to tighten up".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
If there's one thing I expect to see from this team, it's "Not believing the hype". A Mr. Thibodeau sold me on that when his response to a question after Game 1 involved the phrase "Well we still have some things to tighten up".

I would have agreed with that, but I thought the way they played at times in the Indiana and Atlanta series looked like a team that thought the wins would come easy.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)

This is the playoffs. If the Refs want to call the ticky tack fouls on us every time we approach those two, fine...we'll just stop committing the light fouls and we'll throw them to the ground a dozen times. If the refs call the playoffs too tightly, you just make the fouls hurt more.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
I would have agreed with that, but I thought the way they played at times in the Indiana and Atlanta series looked like a team that thought the wins would come easy.

I don't think they thought that they would come easy...I think they were caught offguard by teams that came out looking to beat the Bulls up. The Heat have no interest in outmuscling a team.