2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
If there's one thing I expect to see from this team, it's "Not believing the hype". A Mr. Thibodeau sold me on that when his response to a question after Game 1 involved the phrase "Well we still have some things to tighten up".

Which is exactly how he should be handling it. They haven't won a damned thing yet.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series is hard to watch. I really, really, dislike the way the Heat were put together. Plus, I spent a lot of years in the second balcony at the old stadium.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
If there's one thing I expect to see from this team, it's "Not believing the hype". A Mr. Thibodeau sold me on that when his response to a question after Game 1 involved the phrase "Well we still have some things to tighten up".

Thibs says that after every game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
This is the playoffs. If the Refs want to call the ticky tack fouls on us every time we approach those two, fine...we'll just stop committing the light fouls and we'll throw them to the ground a dozen times. If the refs call the playoffs too tightly, you just make the fouls hurt more.

That philosophy didn't translate well for us in round 1.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
That's because the Pacers were the team looking to beat the Bulls up. The roles are reversed here.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Heat are going to trying and beat up Rose tonight.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
There is no doubt in my mind that the Heat are going to trying and beat up Rose tonight.

I think it's difficult for them to assume that strategy given that their entire payroll is going to three players, one of which is fairly soft.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
I think it's difficult for them to assume that strategy given that their entire payroll is going to three players, one of which is fairly soft.

I don't expect any of the big 3 to be good at "Beating people up", and I don't expect the role players they need to have on the floor (Miller and Johnson) to be good at it either. Their rotating C's might be, but half of them are ancient or hurt.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)

I expect the role players down low to take some shots at him. I will wait to see who they activate for tonights game to fully understand who that will be.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
I don't expect any of the big 3 to be good at "Beating people up", and I don't expect the role players they need to have on the floor (Miller and Johnson) to be good at it either. Their rotating C's might be, but half of them are ancient or hurt.

Jones? And I did this on purpose. As I'm sure that was a typo. But you are the most literal poster I've ever seen. If I just randomly said 2+2 is 5 you would correct me and say 4.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Jones? And I did this on purpose. As I'm sure that was a typo. But you are the most literal poster I've ever seen. If I just randomly said 2+2 is 5 you would correct me and say 4.

Yes, Jones. My mistake, thank you.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)

if you want to eliminate Rose you have to do two things. Trap him as soon as he crosses halfcourt, and beat him up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
if you want to eliminate Rose you have to do two things. Trap him as soon as he crosses halfcourt, and beat him up.

to the latter...only if he doesn't get fouls called when it happens.

I bet he can still outrebound some of the guys on the Heat.

Dennis Rodman will return to the United Center on Wednesday when he presents the game ball before Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals between the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat.

Rodman, who won three NBA titles with the Bulls from 1995-99, headlines the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame's 2011 class, which also includes former Bulls assistant coach Tex Winter.

Wednesday's appearance at the United Center is the latest honor for the two-time Defensive Player of the Year and five-time NBA champion. The Detroit Pistons, the first of five NBA teams he played for, retired Rodman's No. 10 jersey during a game against the Bulls earlier this season.

Former Bulls teammate and TNT analyst Steve Kerr expects Rodman to be emotional in his return to Chicago.

"It will be awesome. He is going to love it," Kerr said Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "This means so much to him. So for him to come back in front of these fans who are obviously incredibly hyped, it's going to be emotional. It wouldn't surprise me if he shed a few tears tonight."

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)

I think they'll attempt to, I just don't really think they have a player on the roster who will do it effectively. Their best bet is to get some ball movement in half-court and not attempt to get into a style of play they would have a lot of difficulty being successful at.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Lebron has supposedly been sick for the last 3 days.

I guess Chicago weather can help the Bulls too.

If you were talking about our #23, my instant response would be "Oh crap he's going for 50".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Lebron has supposedly been sick for the last 3 days.

I guess Chicago weather can help the Bulls too.

sounds like his PR machine is starting some spin already, if they lose, well LBJ was sick, if they win and he plays well it was a triumphant performance.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
sounds like his PR machine is starting some spin already, if they lose, well LBJ was sick, if they win and he plays well it was a triumphant performance.

With a lot of other players I wouldn't have even thought this way but with LBJ this was seriously the first thing that came to my mind.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)

Absolutely.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
With a lot of other players I wouldn't have even thought this way but with LBJ this was seriously the first thing that came to my mind.

For sure, he's a douche like that and so are his people.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)

although if they lose this series and Bosh puts stats up it will potentially throw my prediction out the window that LBJ and Wade will scapegoat Bosh.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
although if they lose this series and Bosh puts stats up it will potentially throw my prediction out the window that LBJ and Wade will scapegoat Bosh.

You could see that coming a mile away. those egos would sell out their moms.