2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
You could see that coming a mile away. those egos would sell out their moms.

honestly, and as much as people have ripped on him this year, including myself, I think Bosh can be a very effective/all-star caliber player, but if LBJ and Wade had a hard-on to play with each other, they would have been better off getting 2-3 "role players" for the Bosh money. The lack of depth on that team kills them.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
David Kahn agrees with you.

And he'll probably get quite the fine from David Stern now.

The NBA Draft Lottery is the most rigged thing in sports, but David Kahn is still laughably bad at his job, and generally makes a fool of himself anytime he speaks. So I find this situation rather funny.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
honestly, and as much as people have ripped on him this year, including myself, I think Bosh can be a very effective/all-star caliber player, but if LBJ and Wade had a hard-on to play with each other, they would have been better off getting 2-3 "role players" for the Bosh money. The lack of depth on that team kills them.

He is a bad fit for that team. He would have been perfect in Chicago for the offense Thibs runs. Too bad he followed his ego.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
The NBA Draft Lottery is the most rigged thing in sports, but David Kahn is still laughably bad at his job, and generally makes a fool of himself anytime he speaks. So I find this situation rather funny.

not that it made the drafting 2 PGs debacle any better, but what's the status on Rubio? At first I heard he was just going to be stubborn and stay in Europe for the long haul, but then I did hear that if there's an NBA next year he might play.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
He is a bad fit for that team. He would have been perfect in Chicago for the offense Thibs runs. Too bad he followed his ego.

Right. It's more helpful to have a banger down low if wade/james can't penetrate. Instead they have bosh who likes to stay outside and hit jumpers. Which isn't terrible it's just not incredibly complementary to the other two, the way that Allen and Garnett were to pierce.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Lebron has supposedly been sick for the last 3 days.

I guess Chicago weather can help the Bulls too.

Oh f***ing bulls***. His voice sounds fine and he sure hasn't looked sick during the many interviews he's given since. I f***ing hate that guy. His entire f***ing group is a bunch of f***ing liars f*** him! f***f uckfuk

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
not that it made the drafting 2 PGs debacle any better, but what's the status on Rubio? At first I heard he was just going to be stubborn and stay in Europe for the long haul, but then I did hear that if there's an NBA next year he might play.

I think it's kind of unknown what he'll do as of now. I'm sure the T'Wolves would like to know if Rubio will be playing for them next year too before the draft so they can figure out which guy to botch their #2 pick on. Rubio couldn't be any worse than Jonny Flynn is if he does come over.

Also, lol at the Clippers. Even as it appears they are starting to improve, they manage to have this happen. Irving would look awfully good running the point on that squad, and would have been huge for their development. Of course, if the Clippers had that pick, who is to say the NBA would have fixed it so that it'd be at #1?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Yeah, i'm sure the NBA would have a vested interest in keeping talent away from Blake Griffin. Gmab.

Did I say they would? I don't know what the NBA's vested interests are, that's why I don't know how the fix would have went had that been the Clippers pick. It's not exactly the smartest league, considering it might miss an entire season next year after all of the success it has had this year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Yeah, i'm sure the NBA would have a vested interest in keeping talent away from Blake Griffin. Gmab.

They would have had to send a sick kid or something of the sort to the lottery to have a chance.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
I think they'll attempt to, I just don't really think they have a player on the roster who will do it effectively. Their best bet is to get some ball movement in half-court and not attempt to get into a style of play they would have a lot of difficulty being successful at.

Maybe the refs will help in the fouling