2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, even I never thought Rose would be this good. He's one of the envy's of the league right now. His combination of size, speed, strength, body control, finesse, touch, athleticism, and ball handling is unmatched. He's making the Lakers look absolutely silly.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 23, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
The NBA having a lockout doesn't necessarily mean they're going to miss games.

If it gets to the point that the doors lock, I'd be surprised if there were any meetings between the lockout starting and the start of training camp.

If the owners don't get what they want, they're going to try to break the union again, and they know that the players aren't good enough at saving their money to survive not having regular paychecks.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
God I can't wait for Boozer.

We went toe-to-toe with the Lakers for most of a game without him.

We need a second sniper though, for nights like this when Korver is off.

The Timberwolves played the Lakers closer than the Bulls in L.A. And we were missing Luke Ridnour, Martell Webster, Wayne Ellington and Jonny Flynn (all of whom might not be great players, but are far better than the alternatives that were in the game instead.. Mo Ager? Lazar Hayward? Sebastian Telfair?).

Just saying.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
The Timberwolves played the Lakers closer than the Bulls in L.A. And we were missing Luke Ridnour, Martell Webster, Wayne Ellington and Jonny Flynn (all of whom might not be great players, but are far better than the alternatives that were in the game instead.. Mo Ager? Lazar Hayward? Sebastian Telfair?).

Just saying.

Clearly, this means the Timberwolves are a better team than the Bulls?

Unless it's possible for a good team to play down to the level of its opponent sometimes.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
I'd say a better thing to draw from this is that you can't really tell anything conclusively about one game.

I'd grant you that too. Still though, it's nice to see the Bulls hang with the champs. The problem though continues to bee the same problem the Bulls have dealt with most of the year; back court defense. And that's not something that is going to improve when Boozer returns.