2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Dont know what you were seeing. Dallas never made a run near as good as the Spurs did in the 3rd quarter. The Bulls kept it within striking distance and then pounced in the end of the 3rd thru the 4th

Dallas went on a huge run to start the 3rd, as I believe there was a 20 point swing in the game from mid 2nd quarter to mid 3rd quarter. Anyways, nice to see C.J. Watson shooting FT at the end, as well as Mark Jackson (I believe it was him) talking about how Dallas should have let Noah catch the ball at the end of the game so they could foul him.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
Dallas went on a huge run to start the 3rd, as I believe there was a 20 point swing in the game from mid 2nd quarter to mid 3rd quarter. Anyways, nice to see C.J. Watson shooting FT at the end, as well as Mark Jackson (I believe it was him) talking about how Dallas should have let Noah catch the ball at the end of the game so they could foul him.

Not just saying they should have let him catch the ball, they should have left him completely unguarded, because compared to Kyle Korver...

You are right though, Dallas had about a 12-1 run or something like that to start the 3rd. 2 games in a row the Bulls have come out sloppy on offense right after the half.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
The only thing that's going to suck about Boozer coming back is that it's going to cut into Taj's playing time. Kid is a beast, very underrated.

I don't think Gibson stands to lost a substantial amount of minutes when Booz gets back. It's likely that the majority of Bogans' minutes will be distributed between Brewer and Taj, with Asik taking a hit of about 5-or-so minutes a game, and Scal seeing a lot more DNP-CD's. Thibo knows who his horses are and Taj and Jo have good enough handles that they can send a big lineup out and just shut people down.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
I don't think Gibson stands to lost a substantial amount of minutes when Booz gets back. It's likely that the majority of Bogans' minutes will be distributed between Brewer and Taj, with Asik taking a hit of about 5-or-so minutes a game, and Scal seeing a lot more DNP-CD's. Thibo knows who his horses are and Taj and Jo have good enough handles that they can send a big lineup out and just shut people down.

Also...they might be cautious with Boozer's minutes for a while. Hell, long term, they probably should, the guys' made of glass anyway.

I wonder how close of attention Denver has payed to Gibson's play over these first few games.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
Dont know what you were seeing. Dallas never made a run near as good as the Spurs did in the 3rd quarter. The Bulls kept it within striking distance and then pounced in the end of the 3rd thru the 4th

I saw what Fathom was seeing. I thought it was just like the Spurs game... The Mavs went on a 24-4 run, I believe. I don't remember the actual numbers of the Spurs run, but I'd say that's as good of a run as the Spurs made on us. I know people like to call out fathom for being negative (and he usually is, haha), but in this case I think he's right.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
I saw what Fathom was seeing. I thought it was just like the Spurs game... The Mavs went on a 24-4 run, I believe. I don't remember the actual numbers of the Spurs run, but I'd say that's as good of a run as the Spurs made on us. I know people like to call out fathom for being negative (and he usually is, haha), but in this case I think he's right.

or the home team turned up the intensity at home to get back into the game and on the 2nd night of a road back-to-back, the Bulls could not match the intensity and the other the Bulls weathered the storm.

The Bulls are more enoyable to watch than the Hawks right now and I hate the NBA.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
Not just saying they should have let him catch the ball, they should have left him completely unguarded, because compared to Kyle Korver...

You are right though, Dallas had about a 12-1 run or something like that to start the 3rd. 2 games in a row the Bulls have come out sloppy on offense right after the half.

Actually the 3rd game in a row...they got outscored 30-14 in the Houston game in the third before going on the 18-0 run to start the 4th and recapture the lead.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
or the home team turned up the intensity at home to get back into the game and on the 2nd night of a road back-to-back, the Bulls could not match the intensity and the other the Bulls weathered the storm.

The Bulls are more enoyable to watch than the Hawks right now and I hate the NBA.

Not sure what you're arguing, but my point was that the Mavs made as good of a run as the Spurs, and I'm right. That's a fact.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Good trade for the Raptors as well. I've always been very fond of Bayless and he will actually get imore playing time now.

Yeah I love that deal from Toronto's perspective.

Peja's a big expiring contract, and they should start Bayless from here on out.

I thought the Hortnets would have been better advised going after Iggy. He would have been a good fit in Monty Williams' defensive set-up in New Orleans.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
f***in insane:

The Clippers need to firesale everyone not Griffin or Gordon and just stockpile draft picks. Kaman could net you some nice pieces and Baron could probably get something.

The scary part is the Clippers could get Harrison Barnes.

Think of a core of Gordon-Barnes-Griffin. Yikes.